Squid Farms?

Discuss Millénaire in English
ThaneAngus

Squid Farms?

Post by ThaneAngus » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:51 am

So I've been encountering a lot of Japanese villages in-game, and while I really do enjoy watching them develop, I'm kind of confused on one thing:

What are the squid farms for?

The squids only spawn in the pool there sometimes, no villagers occupy it or anything, and even after several days of watching I never see any of the women or the peasants go and harvest the squids for meat or ink sacs when they are there. So what are they for then?
"Now does he feel
His secret murders sticking on his hands...
Those he commands move only in command,
Nothing in love. Now does he feel his title
Hang loose about him, like a giant’s robe
Upon a dwarfish thief."

MoonCutter2B

Re: Squid Farms?

Post by MoonCutter2B » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:31 pm

Sorry, but I think thats not part of the mod.
I know that some of the ponds (actually the fishermans pond) is deep enough for MC to randomly spawn a squid or two.

HeyItsOcarina

Post by HeyItsOcarina » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:57 pm

Squid Farms are meant for collecting ink sacs and making "Ikayaki", which is a food item that the Japanese villagers make from squids. That's summing it up :mrgreen:

Hope I helped, Ocarina.
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/OcarinaOfTimeFan2020

CUSTOM CULTURES
Norwegians // NEEDS ALPHA TESTING, MESSAGE FOR MORE INFO
Swedes ~ on hiatus
Danes ~ on hiatus

PsiGuy60

Post by PsiGuy60 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:48 am

HeyItsOcarina wrote:Squid Farms are meant for collecting ink sacs and making "Ikayaki", which is a food item that the Japanese villagers make from squids. That's summing it up :mrgreen:

Hope I helped, Ocarina.
See, now I'm confused. I see villagers killing squids there occasionally, but never collecting the ink sacs or making the Ikayaki item in the kitchen.

Xour

Post by Xour » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:19 pm

I believe that since squids we're made to de-spawn and spawn randomly the squid farm has been broken, like with all animals millenaire villagers still recognize wild animals (A.K.A. ones that haven't been spawned or handled by millenaire) as animals that need to be killed. The Japanese don't breed the squid, instead if one does spawn in the squid farm a villager will slaughter it and will immediately be given 100 Ikayaki.

Hopefully that answers your question.

ThaneAngus

Post by ThaneAngus » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:26 am

I believe that since squids we're made to de-spawn and spawn randomly the squid farm has been broken, like with all animals millenaire villagers still recognize wild animals (A.K.A. ones that haven't been spawned or handled by millenaire) as animals that need to be killed. The Japanese don't breed the squid, instead if one does spawn in the squid farm a villager will slaughter it and will immediately be given 100 Ikayaki.

It does, thank you. Hopefully this issue will be resolved along with many others once the 1.8 update comes out. I'm really REALLY looking forward to it and seeing what Ryu has spent so much time and energy working on!
"Now does he feel
His secret murders sticking on his hands...
Those he commands move only in command,
Nothing in love. Now does he feel his title
Hang loose about him, like a giant’s robe
Upon a dwarfish thief."

Zoythrus

Post by Zoythrus » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:49 am

ThaneAngus wrote:
It does, thank you. Hopefully this issue will be resolved along with many others once the 1.8 update comes out. I'm really REALLY looking forward to it and seeing what Ryu has spent so much time and energy working on!
I think that goes for all of us. I'm looking forward to the time when we can bug fix and update everything. :)

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:30 pm

Xour wrote:I believe that since squids we're made to de-spawn and spawn randomly the squid farm has been broken, like with all animals millenaire villagers still recognize wild animals (A.K.A. ones that haven't been spawned or handled by millenaire) as animals that need to be killed. The Japanese don't breed the squid, instead if one does spawn in the squid farm a villager will slaughter it and will immediately be given 100 Ikayaki.

Broken?
You make it sound like villagers killing all animals in town that are coded to do that are not doing what they should be doing and are doing something wrong?

Xour

Post by Xour » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:21 am

felinoel wrote:
Xour wrote:I believe that since squids we're made to de-spawn and spawn randomly the squid farm has been broken, like with all animals millenaire villagers still recognize wild animals (A.K.A. ones that haven't been spawned or handled by millenaire) as animals that need to be killed. The Japanese don't breed the squid, instead if one does spawn in the squid farm a villager will slaughter it and will immediately be given 100 Ikayaki.

Broken?
You make it sound like villagers killing all animals in town that are coded to do that are not doing what they should be doing and are doing something wrong?
No that's meant to happen I just mean that squid farm is broken.

Zoythrus

Post by Zoythrus » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:17 am

Xour wrote:
felinoel wrote:

Broken?
No that's meant to happen I just mean that squid farm is broken.
I wonder if we can force squids to spawn, much like other livestock buildings.

Xour

Post by Xour » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:30 am

[/quote]I wonder if we can force squids to spawn, much like other livestock buildings.[/quote]
Maybe if you were to recreate the squid as a new mob with everything exactly the same and change it's de-spawn settings. Can't think of any other way as squids can de-spawn at any time if they are vanilla