(RELEASED) LoM: Norman Castles: 1.0

Creating new content for Millénaire
LordDamien

Re: (RELEASED) LoM: Norman Castles: 1.0

Post by LordDamien » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:09 am

CoachJay wrote:ERROR: norman:castleha1_A2: undefined shop type: fishery
Hi, about that, is because the hall should have a shop named "fishery", however in this version of Minecraft, custom shops doesn't work, so it is required to add the shop to the minecraft folder instead. The only loss is that it doesn't sell fishes, however, as it is a player controlled village, it only affects multiplaying fish sells.
IwoveYU wrote:Ya, I've been having the problem of my female villager disappearing as well.
So far, it beats me why do villagers disappear. I've received a two logs from a player about it, yet wasn't unable to spot the real reason.
It seems to me, if you have too many NPCs loaded, millenaire or minecraft will zap them.

My question: Could you try the castle on a new game, without any other village to see what happens?
Heroic_Salt wrote:Hello, LordDamien! Fantastic work on the Norman Castle!
Just want to say that I am having problems with the population within the castle in survival. When it is first spawned, it only comes with 1 male and 1 female; occasionally, due to a bug or some other error, one them disappears, making it impossible to increase the population of the 'town'. I'm not sure if you intended to keep it like this, or if you are planning on changing it later on. I just thought I should point this out. Thanks! :D
Many thanks mate!!
The idea is that you should expand the castle, as some buildings have population on it. I could tweak it to add more population, in order to ease this issue, however I think the best way is to try to find what the heck is happening:

- As I mentioned before, try your game in a new map, without other villages:
> If the issue persists, we will try to understand if there is something else (I don't have this issue :( )
> If the issue is solved, it might be that you have an active village that limits the amount of active npcs

> If neither works, I will try adding a new building around with an another woman, yet I think this won't help either :S

LordDamien

Post by LordDamien » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:12 am

To all of you who have disappearing women:

- PM me and I will give you my contact details
- Send me your logs:
> server.log from .minecraft folder
> minecraft.log from .minecraft\mods\minecraft\

- Send me your savegame

Hopefully I will find your lost women, hazah!

alex1c2d

Post by alex1c2d » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:00 am

Hey can you make a mine/quarry to make stone, gravel and iron as well as 2-6 farms outside of the walls, guards on horses and the villagers/castle people block the gates during raids so the enemy have to use seige ladders or rams or flint and steel to either knock down the gates or burn the gates or climb the ladders.
One more thing: could you also add some plate armour and or shields and visors for higher level blacksmiths?

LordDamien

Post by LordDamien » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:44 am

alex1c2d wrote:Hey can you make a mine/quarry to make stone, gravel and iron as well as 2-6 farms outside of the walls, guards on horses and the villagers/castle people block the gates during raids so the enemy have to use seige ladders or rams or flint and steel to either knock down the gates or burn the gates or climb the ladders.
One more thing: could you also add some plate armour and or shields and visors for higher level blacksmiths?
Hi Alex,

There are multiple reasons why there are no other exterior buildings:

- When the Player Controller Village reaches +25 NPCs, it will start giving problems of high package data.
- The current castle size ('bout 90) is already outside the 60m radius of the original millenaire villages.

Also, the features you mention sound very interesting, however all of them require the source code for Millenaire and is private. Your best chance is asking Kinniken, the Millenaire creator and actual proprietary.
If you're interested in sieges, there is a mod that focus on war machinery and that stuff:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/138 ... esmpwipdl/

Personally, I think that mod still requires a lot of work to be as polished as Millenaire.

Also, some other ways to get the raids are:

a) Use multiplayer
b) Use noppes NPC mod: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/833 ... s-splanmp/
c) Combine both

alex1c2d

Post by alex1c2d » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:31 pm

how do i install???????????????????

LordDamien

Post by LordDamien » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:34 am

alex1c2d wrote:how do i install???????????????????
Simply download the zip file and unzip it into your .minecraft folder.
Before that do a backup of the "millenaire" and "custom_millenaire" folders inside "mods". Better safe than sorry ;)

alex1c2d

Post by alex1c2d » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:17 am

I've got the disappearing problem as well.
It happens using the skoll and hati.
The villagers sometimes reappear but I've permanently lost my little boy and girl.
Could you make the starting castle with more houses and 3 families.
Please!
before the 1.7.2 comes out if possible.

alex1c2d

Post by alex1c2d » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:19 am

I also need to have the walls built quicker.
the time taken is literally a murderer.

alex1c2d

Post by alex1c2d » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:20 am

I could show you my logs.

alex1c2d

Post by alex1c2d » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:21 am

alex1c2d wrote:I could show you my logs.
just pm me

LordDamien

Post by LordDamien » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:40 pm

alex1c2d wrote:I've got the disappearing problem as well.
It happens using the skoll and hati.
The villagers sometimes reappear but I've permanently lost my little boy and girl.
Could you make the starting castle with more houses and 3 families.
Please!
before the 1.7.2 comes out if possible.
Hi Alex1c2d,

Concerning the walls building, the idea was to simulate a castle as far as the tech allowed us. You have to bear in mind that some castles took generations to be completed. Furthermore, I also some castles were often updated, that is why I tried to use different styles and materials with each upgrade.

About the disappearing, there is an easy way to solve it, simply change the village to a npc controlled village, the issue will be solved. An another good way is to help Kinniken solve this bug.

Finally, about your request on adding more houses + three families + faster walls: My files are open to be changed and redone, add your own walls and buildings, and make the castle your own. By doing this, you will also help us have a more rich game experience, so not all castles look the same.

Feel free to ask if I can help you in anything you find during your modding quest.

Cheers!

lurkerwithin

Post by lurkerwithin » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:14 pm

Hey, just wanted to say that regular Norman villages want to build a keep as a regular building. For example, an agricultural village wants to build the keep before many of its normal buildings are constructed. Not only that, but they also want to build your Harvest Moon-esq mod buildings as well. How do I stop that?

LordDamien

Post by LordDamien » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:54 pm

lurkerwithin wrote:Hey, just wanted to say that regular Norman villages want to build a keep as a regular building. For example, an agricultural village wants to build the keep before many of its normal buildings are constructed. Not only that, but they also want to build your Harvest Moon-esq mod buildings as well. How do I stop that?
Yeah, I found that very odd. The reason is that millenaire will automatically add as buildable any buildings you add on the custom folders. To stop it:

- Navigate to: .minecraft\millenaire\cultures\norman\villages\

- Open all village txt files.

- Search this line: //never for this type of village

- add this line below it:
never:castlekeep

You can repeat this task with any other building that shouldn't be there.

This is a tad problematic, as I don't want to change main files from millenaire, specially if you have already any mod going on.. I could do a script for Linux machines to add those lines, but I've got no idea how to do it with windows..

lurkerwithin

Post by lurkerwithin » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:21 am

Thanks so much!

alex1c2d

Post by alex1c2d » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:00 am

Um hey.

For those who have missing villagers, go check the visitor's list in the inn.
Your villagers may have grown up/have no jobs to do so they move villages.
So unfortunately, you sometimes just have to cheat the resources to keep the first builder woman in
the castle.

But if she has already disappeared, put 10 stacks of 64 oak, cobblestone and stone in the locked chests and use skoll and hati 10 times.

alex1c2d

Post by alex1c2d » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:21 am

Hey lord Damien someone on the homepage for English millenaire forums has a good idea for using this plugin.

TheAlphaTurkey

Post by TheAlphaTurkey » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:11 pm

alex1c2d wrote:Hey lord Damien someone on the homepage for English millenaire forums has a good idea for using this plugin.
I thought this might come up at some point!

Lord Damien used to run a server, called Lords of Millenaire, which was basically a server where there were kings, lords and knights and it was really cool! Unfortunately, the server could not be continued because of monetary reasons, time reasons and other reasons (yes, servers are expensive, especially as you're paying per month).

I was on the server nearly every day from start to finish, and I believe that the Castle and the Holdfast were made specifically for the server (don't quote me on that!). In any rate, I still occasionally speak to Damien (he's my server PRO ;) ) and I have his permission to use this great castle, and his walled village also :)

In short, I enjoyed Lord Damiens creations so much I couldn't live without them! He is the SOLE inspiration for my server, I miss the LoM server quite a bit! 0-0

- Turkey

Lusmft

Post by Lusmft » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:28 am

Hi Damien,

I'm always get spawned castle with only one female. What have I to do?

alex1c2d

Post by alex1c2d » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:22 am

Lusmft wrote:Hi Damien,

I'm always get spawned castle with only one female. What have I to do?
All you have to do is supply wood, cobblestone and some wool and glass to the buillding inside the castle wall area.

alex1c2d

Post by alex1c2d » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:24 am

TheAlphaTurkey wrote:
alex1c2d wrote:Hey lord Damien someone on the homepage for English millenaire forums has a good idea for using this plugin.
I thought this might come up at some point!

Lord Damien used to run a server, called Lords of Millenaire, which was basically a server where there were kings, lords and knights and it was really cool! Unfortunately, the server could not be continued because of monetary reasons, time reasons and other reasons (yes, servers are expensive, especially as you're paying per month).

I was on the server nearly every day from start to finish, and I believe that the Castle and the Holdfast were made specifically for the server (don't quote me on that!). In any rate, I still occasionally speak to Damien (he's my server PRO ;) ) and I have his permission to use this great castle, and his walled village also :)

In short, I enjoyed Lord Damiens creations so much I couldn't live without them! He is the SOLE inspiration for my server, I miss the LoM server quite a bit! 0-0

- Turkey
Whats da server ip?

TheAlphaTurkey

Post by TheAlphaTurkey » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:14 pm

alex1c2d wrote:Whats da server ip?
TheAlphaTurkey wrote:Lord Damien used to run a server

beewyka819

Post by beewyka819 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:18 pm

Hi Lord Damien, I was wondering that if I get permission from kinniken (cedric) to use millenaire can I get permission from you to merge your addon with millenaire and upload it to my atlauncher pack files, it's a private pack and the only way to get this addon in is to merge them and upload them as one myself.

Starblast16

Post by Starblast16 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:11 pm

Yeah I'm having trouble with my Castle, I only get one Woman for construction and she lives in the inn, but she eventually leaves and none of the nearby hamlets want to send any of their youth to my village to live. What the heck should I do?

Edit: Also, the resources sign in the Storage shed is messing up the signs in the keep by making them not work as they should, and they don't reappear without the sign in the shed being destroyed and kept from reappearing. I recommend that you remove that sign in the shed.

LordDamien

Post by LordDamien » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:15 pm

beewyka819 wrote:Hi Lord Damien, I was wondering that if I get permission from kinniken (cedric) to use millenaire can I get permission from you to merge your addon with millenaire and upload it to my atlauncher pack files, it's a private pack and the only way to get this addon in is to merge them and upload them as one myself.
Hi, yep feel free to use it! Thanks.
Starblast16 wrote:Yeah I'm having trouble with my Castle, I only get one Woman for construction and she lives in the inn, but she eventually leaves and none of the nearby hamlets want to send any of their youth to my village to live. What the heck should I do?

Edit: Also, the resources sign in the Storage shed is messing up the signs in the keep by making them not work as they should, and they don't reappear without the sign in the shed being destroyed and kept from reappearing. I recommend that you remove that sign in the shed.
Hi Starblast16,

Concerning the woman: We have been looking back and forth, yet I can't reproduce the issue, no mater what.
My suggestion is that you try a new map, check if the issue persists in that situation.
It also happens when you have too much villages too near, at least give 600u per village.

Concerning the signs: Unfortunately, it isn't caused by the sign on the shed, but it is a long going issue with player-controlled villages. This happens because the amount of data sent in packages is too big for the java server.
We've tried everything, I mean EVERYTHING (good ole Gary Oldman). Every available position for the signs, but can't seem to make it work.

Possibly these issues will be solved in the next Millenaire iteration, yet again as the code is closed, I can't do anything... :(

alex1c2d

Post by alex1c2d » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:38 am

When's the 1.7.2 castle gonna come out?

alex1c2d

Post by alex1c2d » Sun May 25, 2014 3:37 am

For the second time.
WHEN IS THE 1.7.2 VERSION COMING OUT?

DooMz

Post by DooMz » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:34 pm

Hey how do the castle spawn?

Hello

Post by Hello » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:23 am

Okay, I need to post here, my female villager just leaves, I gave up trying to do it legit and just filled the chest with core materials. Than a merchant comes and steals it all! :|

I've tried:
-Filling every locked chest with stuff.
-Followed her around while she did it.
-Keeping it day so she doesn't go to the inn.
^She just vanishes, like she teleports somewhere.
-Setting it to a NPC controlled village, this isn't viable as I want to manage what gets built.
-Blocking off the area with a 3 high wall -- again she just teleports through it.
-Fiddling with files, but I don't want to break it.
-Spawning the castle with no other villages around (4 villages spawn the instant I make the castle anyway)

All I want to do is make the walls, it took 2 hours real life time to hit 80% then she just vanishes. Feels like time waste. While I love the simulation of it taking time to do I wish I knew how to speed it up lol.

I have also tried every unofficial fix to get her back, even searching her name and trying to teleport to her. Doing this in Single Player, I think you're MIA anyway, so not sure if this will be fixed :/

druha

Post by druha » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:12 pm

Hello wrote:Okay, I need to post here, my female villager just leaves, I gave up trying to do it legit and just filled the chest with core materials. Than a merchant comes and steals it all! :|

I've tried:
-Setting it to a NPC controlled village, this isn't viable as I want to manage what gets built.
-Blocking off the area with a 3 high wall -- again she just teleports through it.
-Spawning the castle with no other villages around (4 villages spawn the instant I make the castle anyway)

All I want to do is make the walls, it took 2 hours real life time to hit 80% then she just vanishes. Feels like time waste. While I love the simulation of it taking time to do I wish I knew how to speed it up lol.

I have also tried every unofficial fix to get her back, even searching her name and trying to teleport to her. Doing this in Single Player, I think you're MIA anyway, so not sure if this will be fixed :/
Something just popped into my head. Villagers can sometimes go and live in a different village if they all have good relations and there's space available and such. Perhaps she got bored of your castle and went to live somewhere else? Just a thought I had.

Hello

Post by Hello » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:57 pm

druha wrote:
Hello wrote:Okay, I need to post here, my female villager just leaves, I gave up trying to do it legit and just filled the chest with core materials. Than a merchant comes and steals it all! :|

I've tried:

Something just popped into my head. Villagers can sometimes go and live in a different village if they all have good relations and there's space available and such. Perhaps she got bored of your castle and went to live somewhere else? Just a thought I had.
Yeah, I had a fly around and saw the other villages were surprisingly updated with 3 builders if you may, however not mine. I was able to make her stay around long enough to the point they had 3 children, 2 of the kids vanished and one moved into a house and hasn't vanished since a good 4h irl time.. not sure, all males are gone now :s

beewyka819

Post by beewyka819 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:13 pm

Wait, so what's the news, has production on this addon stopped?

LordDamien

Post by LordDamien » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:10 am

Is this project progress stopped? -> Yes

Why? -> I expected other people to collaborate with it, helping me building it. It took me months to build up everything, which had multiple upgrades (6) with a frantick amount of detail.

My biggest mistake was to try to release it before having somebody test it while I was working on it. I did a lot of testing, but clearly my way of playing it, isn't yours, that is why there are some issues.

To add to it, with some excellent players, we build a server based on Millenaire, that was supposed to give to players controlled villages. However, the mod wasn't able to keep up with multiple developed villages and often crashed despite our best efforts and resources.

Finally, the castle design looked better than it played:
It was made to defend yourself against players and monsters, yet still having a chance to lose. But the villagers AI isn't thought to work that way, archers didn't shoot enemies and soldiers weren't battling anyone that shouldn't be there.

While the castle looks good, it has many issues and isn't useful as it should, hence why I quitted.

6.0 looks like a great opportunity to populate your own castles and maybe someday create a huge server that hosts many pc villages that quarrel and fight each other.

Best year to all!

Ruff Ghanor

Post by Ruff Ghanor » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:54 pm

Hi lorddamien I found the castle AWESOME!, but unforntunately I have some bugs and errors to report

-the villagers go missing when you leave the town and go to the hamlets.
-merchants will stay on the market corridor and sometime roof.
-there are some clashes between buildings position for example one barrack and the stables or the Hall and the tower
-beds are not placed correctly on the barrack and will break the walls.
-you should divide the walls into different buildingas it takes a huge time and lots of resources to upgrade them

also you said that we could help you improve the castle but you didn't leave any contact like e-mail in the library post and I would really like to do that please answer on this discussion
I would help you upgrade it to 6.0

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:02 pm

Ruff Ghanor wrote:Hi lorddamien I found the castle AWESOME!, but unforntunately I have some bugs and errors to report

-there are some clashes between buildings position for example one barrack and the stables or the Hall and the tower
-you should divide the walls into different buildingas it takes a huge time and lots of resources to upgrade them

also you said that we could help you improve the castle but you didn't leave any contact like e-mail in the library post and I would really like to do that please answer on this discussion
That is probably because this was made two years ago...

Ruff Ghanor

Post by Ruff Ghanor » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:57 pm

felinoel wrote:
Ruff Ghanor wrote:Hi lorddamien I found the castle AWESOME!, but unforntunately I have some bugs and errors to report

actually this was put to download a year ago but I get your point.

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:10 pm

Ruff Ghanor wrote:
felinoel wrote:

actually this was put to download a year ago but I get your point.
Hmm, this thread was made two years ago? lol might be a new download page.

Anyways it IS possible for it to be updated, but someone would have to do it.

Ruff Ghanor

Post by Ruff Ghanor » Fri May 08, 2015 10:31 pm

felinoel, you wouldn't happen to have lorddamien email or skype would you?

Kurosamuel

Post by Kurosamuel » Tue May 12, 2015 11:53 pm

I've installed correctly (put the 2 folders in the minecraft folder) but the castle don't generated at least i have not found one, even though i searched for one for a long time, then i'm went to creative map i've created and tryed to generated one by myself but only has the normal norman villages, and in the millénaire list of itens in the creative tab have new blocks and items but nothing of find a castle :/

sorry by the english

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Wed May 13, 2015 1:51 pm

Ruff Ghanor wrote:felinoel, you wouldn't happen to have lorddamien email or skype would you?
I do not, sorry.

Ruff Ghanor

Post by Ruff Ghanor » Mon May 25, 2015 10:19 pm

Kurosamuel wrote:I've installed correctly (put the 2 folders in the minecraft folder) but the castle don't generated at least i have not found one, even though i searched for one for a long time, then i'm went to creative map i've created and tryed to generated one by myself but only has the normal norman villages, and in the millénaire list of itens in the creative tab have new blocks and items but nothing of find a castle :/

sorry by the english
It's a player controlled village you have to spawn it with a gold block and wand

LordDamien

Post by LordDamien » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:56 pm

Hey everyone still here!

Sorry for not answering the board or these posts, I've been kind of busy since I moved to Japan.

To everyone asking questions about the castles, I started working in fixing bugs and creating a new castle expansion, but since this mod is dead I kind of thought that it was going nowhere.

Kind of wish we had the code in github, so we could upgrade, fork or fix it by ourselves, but not such luck.

Indeed I had a lot of fun testing the castles pack with Felinoel and AlphaTurkey and would really like to collaborate in a server with Millénaire, either economically or building stuff, or doing server stuff, but again, our tests with multiplayer were disastrous.

I think I invested around 3 months or more building the castles, a lot of trial and error, and dedicating half of my free time to it. But despite the efforts, the castle had very strange bugs and for some it was unplayable.

Now and then, when the sea is high and there is a gentle breeze from the west I will lurk around this forum to see if there is an update for 1.8, if that happens, you will have a castle updated to that.

Until then, I sincerely hope the best for everyone I shared with this awesome mod.

Ruff Ghanor

Post by Ruff Ghanor » Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:01 am

LordDamien wrote:Hey everyone still here!

Sorry for not answering the board or these posts, I've been kind of busy since I moved to Japan.

To everyone asking questions about the castles, I started working in fixing bugs and creating a new castle expansion, but since this mod is dead I kind of thought that it was going nowhere.

Kind of wish we had the code in github, so we could upgrade, fork or fix it by ourselves, but not such luck.

Indeed I had a lot of fun testing the castles pack with Felinoel and AlphaTurkey and would really like to collaborate in a server with Millénaire, either economically or building stuff, or doing server stuff, but again, our tests with multiplayer were disastrous.

I think I invested around 3 months or more building the castles, a lot of trial and error, and dedicating half of my free time to it. But despite the efforts, the castle had very strange bugs and for some it was unplayable.

Now and then, when the sea is high and there is a gentle breeze from the west I will lurk around this forum to see if there is an update for 1.8, if that happens, you will have a castle updated to that.

Until then, I sincerely hope the best for everyone I shared with this awesome mod.
Hey man I really hope they update the mod to 1.8 (or 1.9) I want you to know I had a lot of fun with your castle and that I really hope you can fix the bugs

PS: can you say what the castle updates involve? (new buildings,NPCs) I was realy looking forward to some underground-related buildings like sewers or catacombs

LordDamien

Post by LordDamien » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:13 am

Thanks Ruff,

The old castle did had both a dungeon and a secret passage. As far as I remember after the 2nd or 3rd update, the castle has a longer version of long dungeons on the left and those have a secret passage that connects to the market. Also the church in its last version had its size in catacombs.

In the wall besides the main dungeon door, there is a button to activate it, but you might have to place it because there was an issue importing the button.

The castle was mainly made for multi-playing, so the secret passage was an aid to players to modify their castles and create an escape route if they were sieged or imprisoned.
While I was creating this addon, there was a great mod on the building to add siege machines, and also there was a mod to put players in prison.

From all the issues described, the main ones were:
- My builder disappear: This is AFAIK caused because that npc migrates to an existing village. I could review how the other villages after creation maintain their initial villagers to avoid that and also increase the number of npcs upon start.
- There is an error with a shop called Fisherman: This error comes from a WIP building not really related to the castle but from the walled town extension. It is only visible on the logs and doesn't affect gameplay, I could clean it though.
- NPC don't patrol or go to the church: This is a millenaire issue, those actions don't work with the building - sub-building system. I can't fix it by myself.
- After a while, the signs in the meeting room aren't usable: Yep, this was because the meeting room is elevated and the signs were moved after building the castle. The only way of fixing this is by changing the room or signs of place.
- Playing multiplayer, after a while the game has issues: That's a millenaire issue with multiplayer+player guided towns.

As you can see, a lot of the most important bugs can't be fixed by me and with NPCs not guarding/patrolling the castle. It doesn't make much sense as a building.

Ruff Ghanor

Post by Ruff Ghanor » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:41 pm

Ok, I didn't upgrade the walls after lvl4 because it required to much stuff so that might be the problem

LordDamien

Post by LordDamien » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:59 pm

Both the dungeon and the secret tunnel come with the Keep, independent of the walls.

Actually, you don't need walls at all, just the Keep and the market.

My idea was that players focus on specific parts of the castle, so you can build a strategy around your play style.
Additionally, the huge amount of resources forces you to either have lots of towns to get wood and stone (age of empires style) or need for trading and allies.

I liked the Game of Thrones series, besides others, so actually messing with a player supply line/allies can help you defeat him, instead of just frontal attack.

That was also part of the idea: You don't need walls at all, just a strong economy to tie in your rivals.

Ruff Ghanor

Post by Ruff Ghanor » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:49 am

I kind of noticed you were a GoT fan when you included a Maester an Master of Coin in the castle both pretty cool

TheAlphaTurkey

Post by TheAlphaTurkey » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:59 am

Damien, hit me up sometime on Skype at TheAlphaTurkey or on Google Hangouts (I think I still have you??) I think I might know of a few mods that you might like to try out and might give a little better integration of the castle :)

Ruff Ghanor

Post by Ruff Ghanor » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:46 am

as I posted some days ago the walls are a lot time/material comsuming so I had an idea
Make each wall a sub-sub-building with a insanely huge priority in that way you can make them 4 diferent buidings but they will be upgraded as a whole
It would really save a lot of time cause the villager wouldn't have to go across the whole castle with the chance of getting stuck in the keep

phuriousgeorge

Post by phuriousgeorge » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:01 am

I have to say, love the castle, have been using it on 1.6.4 for some time now. Just updated to 1.7.10 and Millenaire 6, but I can't seem to get the Castle to show as a village option. Any idea what I may be doing wrong, or do the custom files need to be revamped for the new version?

LordDamien

Post by LordDamien » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:37 am

@The Alpha Turkey: I will do that :)

@Ruff Ghanor: That's why the towers aren't included with the walls upgrade.
I understand your point, to be able to separate wall upgrades, the main problem I found was:
Like with the towers, if walls were upgraded in different levels, it was very difficult to access them from the top, making them rather unuseful.

Ideally, Millenaire should have a way to pause work on a building so you can focus in a different one, but that's not there.

@phuriousgeorge: Thanks, glad to hear it! So the castle hasn't been upgraded since. I am waiting for a new Millenaire upgrade to 1.8 or posterior to do the same for the castle.

Best ;)