Inuits!

Creating new content for Millénaire
felinoel

Inuits!

Post by felinoel » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:59 am

Expect more updates to come but it is playable now!

Years ago while playing Millenaire I thought to myself, I like the snowy biomes, it would be nice if there were some Millenaire villages that could spawn in them.

Since that day I have been making the Inuits culture, it may have taken quite a while and may have a bug or two for now, but here give the latest version a try and post about it, especially if you see a bug, a specific request for oak logs, or Hindi blocks in a building.

Current version: 0.9b
http://millenaire.org/library/view.php?cid=172

Almost ready for the full release! Version 0.8c fixed most bugs but if you find any be sure to let me know! Be sure to download both the Millenaire culture files AND the Inuit Materials mod so you can be sure to have the additional items!

To install: Inuits Materials is a separate mod entirely, put that in the mods folder of Minecraft, next to where you installed Millenaire itself. Then go to the "THIS is what you use to add the Inuits" folder and put the new goals in Millenaire's goals folder, replace the Millenaire block list with this block list, replace the millenaire-5.2.zip file with this one, and put the inuits folder in the Millenaire cultures folder.

For detailed info about the culture, see here:
http://millenaire.org/wiki/User:Felinoel/Inupiat

http://www.youtube.com/embed/7pwrRcxu2tM

When will version 1.0 be out?!
I've started a Let's Mod Millenaire series so people can keep up with the next version of the Inuits!
The series will also eventually showcase my other cultures I plan on making but for now, at least until the Inuits are fully released into version 1.0, the series will be entirely Inuits. For those who are interested the other cultures I have in mind for the series are Dwarves and Saxons. Dwarves will be a fantasy-based underground culture and the Saxons will be a never ending culture for making villages of every mod starting with Ars Magica. Also planned for the series is an Acculturation Pack which takes the current vanilla cultures and gives them endgame material!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHq0yuN ... e=youtu.be
First update video is out! Check it out above and follow the below series for more!
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... TyhW51GLxo

lurkerwithin

Re: Inuits!

Post by lurkerwithin » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:53 am

This happened during the upgrading of the village centre. Additionally, the lumberman says [villagername], null where normally it should be [villlagername], [profession].

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:38 am

lurkerwithin wrote:It works! Looks cool so far.
HUZZAH!
I made the mistake of thinking something was added...
There was a HORRIBLE bug with the fisherman's house though so I had to use the Japanese house because I was at work when I was fixing this and couldn't fix it.

I recommend going into the OTHER folder and getting the sodplank textures then directly swapping out the Hindi bricks so you can see the buildings as they should be.
lurkerwithin wrote:Not quite. Oops. I keep getting a could not save building error spammed in chat and this shows up repeatedly in my millenaire log.

Code: Select all

5.1.5 24-07-2013 22:53:53      ==================================== 
5.1.5 24-07-2013 22:53:55 TEMP: null: Unloaded client world.
5.1.5 24-07-2013 22:53:59     !====================================!
5.1.5 24-07-2013 22:53:59 ERROR: (tannery_1 at -1/65/2/2/0/unne-Za-les-p?tures/[email protected]): Exception in Villager.onUpdate(): 
5.1.5 24-07-2013 22:53:59      ==================================== 
5.1.5 24-07-2013 22:53:59 Exception, printing stack:
5.1.5 24-07-2013 22:53:59 java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Empty string not allowed
	at net.minecraft.nbt.NBTTagString.<init>(SourceFile:15)
	at net.minecraft.nbt.NBTTagCompound.func_74778_a(SourceFile:81)
	at org.millenaire.common.VillagerRecord.write(VillagerRecord.java:446)
	at org.millenaire.common.Building.writeToNBT(Building.java:8123)
	at org.millenaire.common.Building$SaveWorker.run(Building.java:295)

5.1.5 24-07-2013 22:53:59 ERROR: (lumberman_0 at -19/65/20/2/0/Qirriuqtuq tupiq/[email protected]): Exception in Villager.onUpdate(): 
5.1.5 24-07-2013 22:53:59 Exception, printing stack:
5.1.5 24-07-2013 22:53:59 java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Empty string not allowed
	at net.minecraft.nbt.NBTTagString.<init>(SourceFile:15)
	at net.minecraft.nbt.NBTTagCompound.func_74778_a(SourceFile:81)
	at org.millenaire.common.VillagerRecord.write(VillagerRecord.java:446)
	at org.millenaire.common.Building.writeToNBT(Building.java:8123)
	at org.millenaire.common.Building$SaveWorker.run(Building.java:295)
Weird... that looks like the issue is that one of the colors in the building's blueprints are wrong... but I exported that building straight from Minecraft? hmm

Oh well, the people are in and everything else is fine, I can now get to work on expanding out the culture to the rest of its towns and such.
Maybe even the lonebuildings...

EDIT:
"Exception in Villager.onUpdate"
Or... not the color but the villager?

EDIT:
Did this happen before or after building upgrades?
lurkerwithin wrote:This happened during the upgrading of the village centre. Additionally, the lumberman says [villagername], null where normally it should be [villlagername], [profession].
Oh... then it is possible that the sleeping position got deleted during the upgrade...

EDIT:
Ok! Version 0.12a is available for download!
Version 0.12a features all villages except for the Independent village!
That village is to be released at a later date.

Since this is the first time more than just the one village has been finalized, it may be a bit buggy, if you encounter any bugs at all that I may have missed, please be sure to post or message me about them!
(Also if you encounter anything that asks for specifically oak wood, let me know about that too.)

EDIT:
Current version: 0.12b2!!!
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=f8577fff ... dAUpOGvc1M

I made some minor adjustments and NOW WITH TEXTURES!

Maik

Re: Inuits! v0.12b2 NOW WITH TEXTURES!

Post by Maik » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:11 pm

Can you write a installation guide.

I don't now how to put in the many files in the .zip .

lurkerwithin

Post by lurkerwithin » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:58 pm

I don't have a custom goals folder. Where do I make one?

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:06 pm

Maik wrote:Can you write a installation guide.

I don't now how to put in the many files in the .zip .
If you are talking about the goals, see below, if you are talking about the other thing, instructions are in the download.
lurkerwithin wrote:I don't have a custom goals folder. Where do I make one?
I am not entirely sure... custom goals are a new thing lol, one sec while I ask someone who helped me write the custom goals.

lurkerwithin

Post by lurkerwithin » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:18 pm

I just put the files into the normal goals folder. Don't know if it works yet because I haven't found an Inuit village.
Sidenote: I am no longer able to spawn Inuit villages with a gold block.

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:17 pm

lurkerwithin wrote:I am no longer able to spawn Inuit villages with a gold block.
How did you install the Inuit culture itself?
Not just the goals.

I've found it works better being put directly in the millenaire folder and not the millenaire-custom folder.

Also, did you try the texture pack?

lurkerwithin

Post by lurkerwithin » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:45 pm

I installed it as normal, no texturepack (where is it anyway?), with the inuit folder in mods\millenaire\cultures. When I go to spawn a village with a gold block, it says I am not a leader with the culture.inuits culture. There is no choice to spawn an Inuit culture anywhere.

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:58 pm

lurkerwithin wrote:I installed it as normal, no texturepack (where is it anyway?), with the inuit folder in mods\millenaire\cultures. When I go to spawn a village with a gold block, it says I am not a leader with the culture.inuits culture. There is no choice to spawn an Inuit culture anywhere.
The texture pack is at the same link as the 12b2 file itself, but is called Inuit_textures.zip or something like that.

I will look into this no gold block spawning issue...

KingWulf

Post by KingWulf » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:16 am

felinoel wrote:
lurkerwithin wrote: I will look into this no gold block spawning issue...
This can be very misleading!
I wanted to delete the content already but then I read the post.

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:38 am

KingWulf wrote:
felinoel wrote:
lurkerwithin wrote: I will look into this no gold block spawning issue...
This can be very misleading!
I wanted to delete the content already but then I read the post.
Wait, what?
Hmm, if I understand what you are saying, I will edit the article's title.

KingWulf

Re: Inuits! v0.12b2 Currently down, fix in progress

Post by KingWulf » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:40 pm

So i understand, you want to make your content so; it isnt possible to spawn inuits per gold-block,
and i think if anybody want to test this content he will try to test this, and the fastest way to test a town(culture) content is to spawn a town via a goldblock,
and if this isn´t allowed, it is realy irritating.

felinoel

Re: Inuits! v0.13

Post by felinoel » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:21 am

KingWulf wrote:So i understand, you want to make your content so; it isnt possible to spawn inuits per gold-block,
No.

EDIT:
Alpha version 0.12d is out now! I skipped c to thank druha for finding out why my villages stopped spawning!

EDIT:
Expect the next Alpha version release to be packaged with a mod that includes the needed items like sodding spades, actual sod planks (and not what is currently used which is retextured mud bricks), leather hide wall hangings, fur armor, and more! Once that version gets all the bugs out I might skip the beta and go straight to full version 1.0!

zohar101

Post by zohar101 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:13 pm

Where are we supposed to put the stuff in the folder marked OTHER?

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:51 am

zohar101 wrote:Where are we supposed to put the stuff in the folder marked OTHER?
No where, that is just for fun for now.
Will be releasing a more complete version soon, may bump up to version 0.9 due to how much has been updated to it.

EDIT:
To do:
  • 1. Wait for modmaker to finish modmaking for Inuit items
  • 2. Finalize updates with building files for new items
  • ***Release Inuits v0.9!!!***
  • 3. Clean up textures, add additional ones where needed
  • ***Release Inuits v1.0!!!***
  • 4. Clean up shops, have them sell more appropriate things like charcoal and torches
  • 5. Make additional skins, clean up chat text
  • 6. Rework the Oldlady villager entirely
  • 7. Fix the Community Center town hall for the Inuit independent village and add the independent village to the spawn files
  • 8. Design a couple merchants
  • 9. Finalize the culture's Creation Quest and release it
EDIT:
kay number 1 on the list is FINALLY done! Just a teaser: the Inuit bow has a special effect on it that will cause all foes to bleed 75% of the time, the bleeding wound will damage the target at random degrees of damage and it will heal up at random speeds. Will need to test this weapon for possible future nerfing, if you want to download the mod that adds it to help test download here!
http://www.mediafire.com/download/nh1vp ... -0.1.0.jar

For Minecraft 1.7, just add the mod to a game, spawn the bow in in creative mode, and then go test it out!

carriontrooper

Post by carriontrooper » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:49 pm

Aw, just noticed that it's for 1.7.2... any chance that it gets a 1.6.4 version for those of us stuck in the past?

felinoel

Re: Inuits! v0.8b2

Post by felinoel » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:16 pm

carriontrooper wrote:Aw, just noticed that it's for 1.7.2... any chance that it gets a 1.6.4 version for those of us stuck in the past?
Sadly no, unless I can find another modmaker who doesn't take months to tell me he doesn't feel like doing something of course.

EDIT:
Version 0.8 is out! It is very buggy and it is for Millenaire v5.2.0bX but expect a new version of the Inuits out soon once some more testing has been done!

EDIT:
Version 0.8 is buggier than I expected because I packaged the wrong folder and now my good folder has been deleted, will need to fix that soon.

EDIT:
Expect the next version soon! Just am finalizing a few things atm.
Also, my Inuit bow has a bleeding effect on it, but... apparently DartCraft has its own bleeding effect? I will need to be sure mine doesn't conflict with DC's

EDIT:
Version 0.8b is released! The bugs from 0.8 are gone now!

EDIT:
Version 0.8b2 is released! Enjoy having skinned villagers again! Due to a change in how skins work the Inuits have been without skins for a couple versions now, but this time the ACTUAL Inuit skins are being used!

Upcoming Inuit features are: more skins, quests, lone buildings, the Village Nunaaqqiq (the independent village with hamlets), better dialogs, decorative carving block and hide addition to building files, and likely more!

beewyka819

Re: Inuits! v0.8b2

Post by beewyka819 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:02 pm

What's the latest version for 1.6.4?

felinoel

Re: Inuits! v0.8b2b

Post by felinoel » Fri May 02, 2014 6:03 am

beewyka819 wrote:What's the latest version for 1.6.4?
The latest version THAT WORKS for 1.6.4 would be 0.8b, but that is a bit buggy...

Find my previous versions here:
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=F8577FFF ... dAUpOGvc1M

EDIT:
A minor update but version 0.8b2b is out now!

AbsurdAj

Post by AbsurdAj » Thu May 08, 2014 10:04 am

I am so confused how do I install this? I really want to use this badly

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Thu May 08, 2014 6:04 pm

AbsurdAj wrote:I am so confused how do I install this? I really want to use this badly
Sorry for the confusion, Inuits Materials is a separate mod entirely, put that in the mods folder of Minecraft, next to where you installed Millenaire itself.

Then go to the "THIS is what you use to add the Inuits" folder and put the new goals in Millenaire's goals folder, replace the Millenaire block list with this block list, replace the millenaire-5.2.zip file with this one, and put the inuits folder in the Millenaire cultures folder.

AbsurdAj

Post by AbsurdAj » Thu May 08, 2014 6:55 pm

felinoel wrote:
AbsurdAj wrote:I am so confused how do I install this? I really want to use this badly
Sorry for the confusion, Inuits Materials is a separate mod entirely, put that in the mods folder of Minecraft, next to where you installed Millenaire itself.

Then go to the "THIS is what you use to add the Inuits" folder and put the new goals in Millenaire's goals folder, replace the Millenaire block list with this block list, replace the millenaire-5.2.zip file with this one, and put the inuits folder in the Millenaire cultures folder.
Thank you for the help! That seems to have worked for now. just two more things , one the game says error when trying to save building and the other one is I cannot read the signs in the main building-theyre all blank; Did i do something wrong?

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Thu May 08, 2014 7:14 pm

AbsurdAj wrote:
felinoel wrote:

Thank you for the help! That seems to have worked for now. just two more things , one the game says error when trying to save building and the other one is I cannot read the signs in the main building-theyre all blank; Did i do something wrong?
Really? That signs issue keeps returning, thought I fixed it, do you know the name of the village and/or building or can you screenshot the building with the signs itself?

As for the saving error... can you copy paste the error log? Haven't seen that one...

AbsurdAj

Post by AbsurdAj » Thu May 08, 2014 9:37 pm

Ok here are the images

Here is the minecraft log
    http://pastebin.com/ByNSsZX3

and here is the millenaire log
    http://pastebin.com/RMWJVZmC

felinoel

Re: Inuits! v0.8c

Post by felinoel » Sat May 10, 2014 7:40 am

Oh that error, yeah that error when trying to save is caused by the signs issue, lemmie see what I can do...

EDIT:
    Version 0.8c is out and should fix those errors!

AbsurdAj

Post by AbsurdAj » Sat May 10, 2014 9:51 pm

sweet a new update! wouldi be able to download this without it destroying my current worlds villages?

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Sun May 11, 2014 6:24 am

AbsurdAj wrote:sweet a new update! wouldi be able to download this without it destroying my current worlds villages?
    I am going to say yes BUT ALWAYS backup your world files whenever making ANY updates to anything.

This includes my Inuits addon mod, Millenaire itself, and any mod at all.

I personally just copy the .minecraft folder and date it and stick it in a big folder of backups lol

epiclink8480

Post by epiclink8480 » Mon May 19, 2014 4:59 pm

I cant find the inuits mod. Please help!! I want the extra items.

felinoel

Re: Inuits! v0.8c now with Carvings!

Post by felinoel » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:34 pm

epiclink8480 wrote:I cant find the inuits mod. Please help!! I want the extra items.
    You can download it from here in the Millenaire Library.

EDIT:
    The Carving has finally been made! Download it now and enjoy it in its testing version!
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/tsbds ... arving.jar

Keep in mind though that this is just the beta for the Carving but expect version 0.9 of the Inuits to be made soon with updated building files to include Carving requirements for certain buildings! I will be releasing videos on my Youtube channel about me updating the current building files soon if you want to stay updated!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/felinoel

EDIT:
    First update video is out! Check it out above and follow the below series for more!

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:38 pm

epiclink8480 wrote:I cant find the inuits mod. Please help!! I want the extra items.
    You can download it from here in the Millenaire Library.

EDIT:
    The Carving has finally been made! Download it now and enjoy it in its testing version!
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/tsbds ... arving.jar

Keep in mind though that this is just the beta for the Carving but expect version 0.9 of the Inuits to be made soon with updated building files to include Carving requirements for certain buildings! I will be releasing videos on my Youtube channel about me updating the current building files soon if you want to stay updated!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/felinoel

EDIT:

Xour

Re: Inuits! v0.8c now with Carvings and update videos!

Post by Xour » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:06 am

I had a question about some of the crafting goals, your using sticks to make your wooden tools and all the text documents are correct but sticks aren't an item in the millenaire mod and you haven't added it to the item list (at least not in downloadable version) Have you included the stick in your own files but not released it yet? I would like to see the Inuit's crafting wooden tools.

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:22 am

Xour wrote:I had a question about some of the crafting goals, your using sticks to make your wooden tools and all the text documents are correct but sticks aren't an item in the millenaire mod and you haven't added it to the item list (at least not in downloadable version) Have you included the stick in your own files but not released it yet? I would like to see the Inuit's crafting wooden tools.
    I asked the dev to add them a short while ago but he has been busy it seems.

I can just change the stick requirement to planks for now and will do so for the 0.9 release.

EDIT:
    So I went to change the sticks to planks, which I thought I had done one or two versions ago, but... they look changed already? What version of my Inuits are you using where it still has them using sticks?

druha

Post by druha » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:30 pm

Why would you not just use vanilla sticks?

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:29 am

Cause idk how to make sticks use able if they are not already.

Xour

Post by Xour » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:06 am

hmmm i had a look at adding sticks as well, it should be simple but as soon as you change anything in the item list it all breaks and none of the item's work.

what about just using normal wood blocks until someone can work out how to add items?

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:04 am

Xour wrote:hmmm i had a look at adding sticks as well, it should be simple but as soon as you change anything in the item list it all breaks and none of the item's work.

what about just using normal wood blocks until someone can work out how to add items?
    felinoel wrote:I can just change the stick requirement to planks for now and will do so for the 0.9 release.

Xour

Post by Xour » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:00 pm

sorry you did write that didn't see it.
    you've looked at the itemlist I assume and tried to add sticks the same way I did (using there layout)
    but would you agree that the layout they use is different to the instructions

e.g. there instructions say
    //Item key;item id;item meta;label (indicative only)
    but the items in the item list are written item id;Item key:label;item meta
    beefraw;minecraft:beef;0
    so using there instructions it should be
    minecraft;beefraw;0;beef (I think, maybe the label and item id are the other way around)
    that is assuming that item id means the name and not the id number of the item

so would this mean the only way to add new items would be to rewrite the item list by hand or am I getting this wrong?

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:38 pm

felinoel wrote:What version of my Inuits are you using where it still has them using sticks?

Xour

Post by Xour » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:40 am

not the latest evidently , I'll re download soon.
    still determined to figure out how to add items in though

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:10 am

Xour wrote:not the latest evidently , I'll re download soon.
    still determined to figure out how to add items in though
    Might as well wait until version 0.9 comes out, I'm, just having some trouble making the carving block be accepted by the image files but hopefully will get it resolved soon.

Xour

Post by Xour » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:14 am

good luck im going to try some ideas on that itemlist tommorow
    if i can make it work then the sugar cane farm I made will finally have purpose!!!

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:38 am

Xour wrote:good luck im going to try some ideas on that itemlist tommorow
    if i can make it work then the sugar cane farm I made will finally have purpose!!!
    Ugh, no idea how to find the name of the carving block so I can add it to the itemlist. x.x

Xour

Post by Xour » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:21 pm

after a few tests I'm seeing some results but none are 100% certain.
    the text doc labelled goods is either correcting the item's in the itemlist or only showing you which item's are wrong.
    so i tried copying the item out of the good list too see if that worked and changed the colon to a semi-colon and was met with an error i'm not quite sure about.

Tried to create good from block with no item:

and then the details of that item straight from the itemlist.

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:11 pm

Xour wrote:after a few tests I'm seeing some results but none are 100% certain.
    the text doc labelled goods is either correcting the item's in the itemlist or only showing you which item's are wrong.
    so i tried copying the item out of the good list too see if that worked and changed the colon to a semi-colon and was met with an error i'm not quite sure about.

Tried to create good from block with no item:

and then the details of that item straight from the itemlist.
    That is... strange?

Xour

Post by Xour » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:36 pm

i tried some other things as well and got what i think is closer but then i somehow broke the loader so it couldn't recognize any of the meta values

regretfully I think we may have to wait for the makers to create a customizable list for people to work with or for someone with a better understanding than myself too have a crack at it

i'll keep trying a few things but i'm going to go back to concentrating on my civ

Xour

Post by Xour » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:39 am

I got it working! see my new forum to download the itemlist!

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:57 am

Xour wrote:I got it working! see my new forum to download the itemlist!
    Wait... would you be able to help me get my carving item to the itemlist?

Xour

Post by Xour » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:11 am

Truthfully I don't see why not. No guarantees but i can definitely try i'll message you in a moment.

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:23 pm

Since that modmaker who made that carving is unable to name his block in a way useable by Millenaire, I have been scouring for a replacement, but yeah...

Due to this thread: http://millenaire.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1002
    I may change my plans for the creation quest, I was going to involve the Endermen's allergy to water with the goddess Sedna but instead I might just talk about how Unga is hiding all of the sealife except for squids and the occasional fish and have the Guardians be Unga's avatar of which the player must kill to help the fishers out somehow...