[2.03] Replacement of the Norman Core Buildings

Creating new content for Millénaire
CrikCrok

[2.03] Replacement of the Norman Core Buildings

Post by CrikCrok » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:12 am

Hi, my nick is CrikCrok and I´m the original autor of the Replacement of the Norman Core Buildings in Millénaire. Is the most downloaded in the Millenaire Library:

Original version: 4912
http://millenaire.org/library/view.php?cid=44
Updated by willvette: 4039 (thanks)
http://millenaire.org/library/view.php?cid=93

Total: 8951

Credits:
CrikCrok (Idea, design and tests)
Pallanza (tests)
Dr_Cyanide (tests)
Baldur_ru (translation, Maison d'alchemy)
willvette (Update to 3.2.0)

I play with willvette´s update and I see it works correctly. But is worked in the 3.2.0 version.

Now, I think to update to 5.1.9 version, but I don´t know what exactly changes from 3.2.0 to 5.1.9. Someone can help me to make it? I try to make fixes in the construction steps because are more expensive.

For where I could start?

EDIT:

Release version!

I uploaded to the library, but if you are VERY impatient, here's the link to download 2.03:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/g795w ... ikCrok.rar

Thanks to all people helped me. But, I stay here, if you see errors or something strange, please report in this thread, I try to solve it in the earlier time possible.

Regards.
Last edited by CrikCrok on Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:09 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Norman Core Buildings replacement C.XIII . 2.03 FIXED RELEASE! check it in Millenaire Library or Millenaire Forums to download it.

felinoel

Re: Replacement of the Norman Core Buildings in Millénaire

Post by felinoel » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:36 pm

There are leisure points and sleeping points and such now, you will need those.

CrikCrok

Post by CrikCrok » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:24 pm

felinoel wrote:There are leisure points and sleeping points and such now, you will need those.
Is in the wiki information about this new points? (I not see this in the wiki) if I move a bed, I need to change the sleeping point? Leisure points? I don´t know (info or links please)
Norman Core Buildings replacement C.XIII . 2.03 FIXED RELEASE! check it in Millenaire Library or Millenaire Forums to download it.

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:19 pm

CrikCrok wrote:
felinoel wrote:There are leisure points and sleeping points and such now, you will need those.
Is in the wiki information about this new points? (I not see this in the wiki) if I move a bed, I need to change the sleeping point? Leisure points? I don´t know (info or links please)
Nah the wiki isn't up to date.

They will sleep on the floor, I think if the bed is nearby they will look for it.
Leisure as in spots to hang out and chat.

druha

Post by druha » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:30 pm

felinoel wrote:
CrikCrok wrote:
Nah the wiki isn't up to date.

They will sleep on the floor, I think if the bed is nearby they will look for it.
The sleeping points and leisure points have their own colors in the color chart. Each building that villagers will live in will need a sleeping point. A leisure point is used as the place that villagers will go to chat with each other; you can have multiple of these. For the sleeping points, if there is a bed within (I believe, from my testing) a 5 block radius the villager will use it to sleep in at night, otherwise they use the floor.

CrikCrok

Post by CrikCrok » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:10 pm

felinoel wrote: Nah the wiki isn't up to date.

druha wrote: The sleeping points and leisure points have their own colors in the color chart. Each building that villagers will live in will need a sleeping point. A leisure point is used as the place that villagers will go to chat with each other; you can have multiple of these. For the sleeping points, if there is a bed within (I believe, from my testing) a 5 block radius the villager will use it to sleep in at night, otherwise they use the floor.
Ok I think is all I need to update it. I investigate the building plans of the mod to see the placement and make it. Thanks.

If you have suggestions for the "Replacement" you can tell me in this post. Maybe I rebuild the PlayerFort because the NPCs have a lot of problems to access it (take the materials and later go out to build or deliver the goods).

lurkerwithin

Post by lurkerwithin » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:20 pm

You're going to update this again?! YES!

Do you think you could add more decor like carpets and flower pots? Your current designs are cool as is, but I think it would also be cool if they had a little something extra.

CrikCrok

Post by CrikCrok » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:14 pm

lurkerwithin wrote:You're going to update this again?! YES!
Yeah, I like to update again because a lot of people like it. But in my opinion needs a lot of fixes, because some steps need 400 of stone and 600 of cobblestone... too much expensive xDD.

And the wool and libraries in the normal buildings? Are necesary or you like to see like decoration?

Carpets and flower pots is in color-code of the main plan building? I try to see this in the color-code...

druha

Post by druha » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:45 pm

CrikCrok wrote:
Yeah, I like to update again because a lot of people like it. But in my opinion needs a lot of fixes, because some steps need 400 of stone and 600 of cobblestone... too much expensive xDD.

And the wool and libraries in the normal buildings? Are necesary or you like to see like decoration?

Carpets and flower pots is in color-code of the main plan building? I try to see this in the color-code...
Carpets and flower pots have not been defined in the mod as of yet. You could try adding them to a custom blocklist.txt file though.

CrikCrok

Post by CrikCrok » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:53 pm

CrikCrok wrote:
lurkerwithin wrote: Carpets and flower pots have not been defined in the mod as of yet. You could try adding them to a custom blocklist.txt file though.
And you know to make it? Plz send me info to make it to the "Replacement" update.

lurkerwithin

Post by lurkerwithin » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:13 pm

CrikCrok wrote:
I just like decoration. If you don't know how to implement it, don't worry about putting it in.

CrikCrok

Post by CrikCrok » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:36 pm

lurkerwithin wrote: I just like decoration. If you don't know how to implement it, don't worry about putting it in.
I try to preserve the decoration, but now I need more space for the beds (I remember I put it like a decoration and now the NPCs needs it xD).

CrikCrok

Post by CrikCrok » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:09 pm

Work in progress:

I forgot there were so many buildings xD

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:28 pm

CrikCrok wrote:Work in progress:

I forgot there were so many buildings xD
What is up with the torches in the middle of the tops of houses cutting through the roofs?

CrikCrok

Post by CrikCrok » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:47 pm

felinoel wrote: What is up with the torches in the middle of the tops of houses cutting through the roofs?
I had little time playing minecraft (nov 2011) and didn´t know that the slabs could not spawn the mobs. This is the reason. But I change it in this version.

EDIT:
Work still in progres... many changes in the buildings.

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:08 pm

CrikCrok wrote:Work still in progres... many changes in the buildings.
Please don't double post.

SoNick

Post by SoNick » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:56 am

It looks very nice, CrikCrok! I'm glad to see you update this add-on!

willvette

Post by willvette » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:40 pm

I'm back, and willing to help you crikcork.
let me see the changes since the last time i played Millenaire (it's been awhile) :lol:

looking back i know i made mistakes, the church gave me problems, my personal mod slipped in to the pack (cheap land in the hamlets; 50% cost/rep.)

CrikCrok

Post by CrikCrok » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:34 am

willvette wrote:I'm back, and willing to help you crikcork.
let me see the changes since the last time i played Millenaire (it's been awhile) :lol:

looking back i know i made mistakes, the church gave me problems, my personal mod slipped in to the pack (cheap land in the hamlets; 50% cost/rep.)
Very nice! I still working in it.

lurkerwithin

Post by lurkerwithin » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:20 pm

CrikCrok wrote: EDIT:
Work still in progres... many changes in the buildings.

This looks fantastic. I can't wait!

CrikCrok

Post by CrikCrok » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:26 am

SoNick wrote:It looks very nice, CrikCrok! I'm glad to see you update this add-on!
lurkerwithin wrote:This looks fantastic. I can't wait!
Thank you very much for your support.

I now working hard in the pack and actually with willvette (he respond my call from minecraftforums) and we now make a work team to update the pack. We update the buildings (with a lot of new changes), and create a new ones for make more construction diversity.

I add this Screenshot:

The old Maison and new Manor.

If you have ideas for new buildings or more, plz comment (or add screenshots for new buildings ideas).

CrikCrok.

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:09 pm

That is... extensive... o.o
and I worried that my Inuit tannery would be too extensive but it doesn't even come close to this lol

CrikCrok

Post by CrikCrok » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:37 am

felinoel wrote:That is... extensive... o.o
and I worried that my Inuit tannery would be too extensive but it doesn't even come close to this lol
The problem isn´t the size, is the height. Normally at 20 blocks from ground, the builder have a "bit problems" xD

Still Working:

LoneStar

Post by LoneStar » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:13 am

Hey CrikCrok, love your designs. But until you get everything updated, I built one of your mansions from a pic you posted above.
2013-10-17_21.07.16.png
2013-10-17_21.07.16.png (1.3 MiB) Viewed 21750 times

CrikCrok

Post by CrikCrok » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:49 am

LoneStar wrote:Hey CrikCrok, love your designs. But until you get everything updated, I built one of your mansions from a pic you posted above.
Yesterday I finish the rebuild of the Maison xD:

What do you think? You like or I change again?

lurkerwithin

Post by lurkerwithin » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:26 am

I quite like it! Can't wait to see it in game.

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:45 pm

lurkerwithin wrote:I quite like it! Can't wait to see it in game.
This is Library content so you have yo add it yourself.

lurkerwithin

Post by lurkerwithin » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:25 pm

felinoel wrote: This is Library content so you have yo add it yourself.
Did you somehow think that I did not know this beforehand? I am waiting for the updated version of the building replacements to come out.

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:22 am

lurkerwithin wrote:
felinoel wrote: This is Library content so you have yo add it yourself.
Did you somehow think that I did not know this beforehand? I am waiting for the updated version of the building replacements to come out.
lol I didn't look at the name of who posted that. >.>;

CrikCrok

Post by CrikCrok » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:26 am

lurkerwithin wrote:I am waiting for the updated version of the building replacements to come out.
If you like to help us, send me a PM with your skype to update it (we can see with that can help in the proyect to update).

More advances (I need more time, I know).

Player fort (0-3):

You can see the changes, now is more lower (near 5 blocks) and I add a well at start to evade the suffocation dead.

New lumberman hut near fort:

I change the position of this building because the old building is tiny for the new version of millenaire.

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:38 pm

Love the hill approach.

Felagund

Post by Felagund » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:30 am

I'm actually trying to improve some norman buildings, I've finished the watchtower and the church, trying not to change too much the size of them. Could this help ?

CrikCrok

Post by CrikCrok » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:10 pm

I send you a MP

ximeeen

Post by ximeeen » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:25 am

Are there any updates on the progress :) ?

CrikCrok

Post by CrikCrok » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:38 am

The project is now stopped. I'm busy now and I have problems with my PC.

carriontrooper

Post by carriontrooper » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:55 am

Can you at least release your work so far for anyone else to try and pick up, then? Thanks!

CrikCrok

Post by CrikCrok » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:22 pm

If you like to continue I can send you the 2 worlds with the buildings. Send me a PM to more details.

Edit: I have my PC ok, I continue with the proyect, but slower, I busy now.

Edit 2:

Changed lone abbey:

Original:

Reworked version:

The project continues.

Edit 3:

A nun?

Llurendt

Post by Llurendt » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:54 am

I am very much looking forward to getting this for my server! I hope to see a release soon!

CrikCrok

Post by CrikCrok » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:08 pm

Llurendt wrote:I am very much looking forward to getting this for my server! I hope to see a release soon!
I trying to go as faster as I can, but the test are very longer because the buildings are complex and needs a tons of materials. And the builder normally stucks in the construction steps (I trying to make easier for the AI). Now I have nearly 45% of the buildings complete and I try to use the same test map (I have backups to not start again) to go faster.

Here a test pics:

A view of pre-released ecclesiastique village.

A wiew of the abbey, cloister, and other buildings.

A view of two cattle farms and a bakery.

A view of a farm and a quarry.

I wait to most of the building evolutions, because normally I forgot a torch, or not replace a plank in the next step.... I like to make a quality pack, and I need time to do this. More people enjoyed my pack and the wilvettes update, I try to make it the best version as released.

Llurendt

Post by Llurendt » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:28 am

No worries! I hope it all goes smoothly! I may be able to get you some help, if you think it would make things go faster. :)

CrikCrok

Post by CrikCrok » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:29 pm

Llurendt wrote:No worries! I hope it all goes smoothly! I may be able to get you some help, if you think it would make things go faster. :)
MP and thanks for your support!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I continue testing my buildings and now the new cathedral, it´s rebuilded nearly the 70% from the last version. Some of the evolution steps:

Finished:

I hope you like it.

I need testers, If you have time, please send me a PM!

carriontrooper

Post by carriontrooper » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:02 pm

Bump! CrikCrok told me to bump, because he'll have an update real soon.

Llurendt

Post by Llurendt » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:07 am

yeah! Good work, crocky!

CrikCrok

Post by CrikCrok » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:47 pm

Hehehehe thanks

I testing at last time and finally I can say.... Release version!

I uploaded to the library, but if you are VERY impatient, here's the link to download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ifsis ... ikCrok.rar

Thanks to all people helped me. But, I stay here, if you see errors or something strange, please report in this thread, I try to solve it in the earlier time possible.

Regards.

Llurendt

Post by Llurendt » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:54 am

Don't forget to update your first post to state that you have a release out. :D Also, YAY! <3

lurkerwithin

Post by lurkerwithin » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:31 pm

I love everything so far, especially the chimneys! I also like how you removed the fences around the tree farms. I personally thought it was kinda silly.

Llurendt

Post by Llurendt » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:02 am

It'll take a bit of getting used to with the roads going right through the tree farms, though. :P

CrikCrok

Post by CrikCrok » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:02 am

Llurendt wrote:Don't forget to update your first post to state that you have a release out. :D Also, YAY! <3
Thanks, I fortgot it.
lurkerwithin wrote:I love everything so far, especially the chimneys! I also like how you removed the fences around the tree farms. I personally thought it was kinda silly.
Yes, the chimneys is a little detail that is aesthetically beautiful. And the fences in the grooves, yes, this only causes IA problems (sometimes the lumberman is clog).
Llurendt wrote:It'll take a bit of getting used to with the roads going right through the tree farms, though. :P
Hehehe, I think is in the dirt paths, the gravel and slab chart a better path.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Because a errors, I made a new release, check the first post.

I see strange:

The lumbermans sometimes is in front of the groove with the action chopping wood, but they don't. A little punch solve this.

In the animal farms, sometimes the paths goes through the animal enclosure. I try to rotate the buildings to try solve this, but sometimes it still happens.

DGW1985

Re: [NEW RELEASE 2.03] Replacement of the Norman Core Buildi

Post by DGW1985 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:39 pm

How did you get the sub buildings and "normal" upgrades to work in the right order?

CrikCrok

Re: [NEW RELEASE 2.03] Replacement of the Norman Core Buildi

Post by CrikCrok » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:00 am

DGW1985 wrote:How did you get the sub buildings and "normal" upgrades to work in the right order?
In first you need to configure the txt file with the upgrade steps. You can see for example in the fort_A.txt

In some steps you see the "tag" named subbuilding. This "call" the subbuilding to build it. And later you need to import this building in this step and add it the construction steps to finish it.

If you need a better explication tell me.