Deep Ocean (islander) culture?

Creating new content for Millénaire
MauveCloud

Deep Ocean (islander) culture?

Post by MauveCloud » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:15 pm

I'm curious whether it's possible to make a custom culture that will spawn in deep ocean biome - some sort of islander culture, like maybe Polynesians. I admit I don't know much about that culture so I'd need to do a lot of research, but first I want to make sure it would even work, and I'm having trouble finding a clear answer in the Wiki or other forum posts. It would be awesome if the deep water wasn't considered an obstacle for their building (as an islander culture, they'd know how to deal with it, even if other cultures don't), but I'm guessing that would require significant code changes, so it's not critical. If it is possible, and somebody who knows about such a culture wants to beat me to it, be my guest.

Edit: I finally noticed the last entry in the FAQ on the Wiki, about "Minimum village spawn requirements", and if a 50x50 dirt platform isn't enough to allow spawning a village via the special wand on a gold block, obviously it won't work to have one naturally spawning in the middle of deep ocean, so this thread can be closed.

felinoel

Re: Deep Ocean (islander) culture?

Post by felinoel » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:40 pm

MauveCloud wrote:Edit: I finally noticed the last entry in the FAQ on the Wiki, about "Minimum village spawn requirements", and if a 50x50 dirt platform isn't enough to allow spawning a village via the special wand on a gold block, obviously it won't work to have one naturally spawning in the middle of deep ocean, so this thread can be closed.
Well a deep ocean is impossible, but you could spawn an entire village as "one building" and use subbuildings to update each area but convert an area into an ocean sort of.
The "building" would spawn and turn all surrounding area into water based on how the building is coded.

You could do this on island biomes or just any biome with dirt and turn them into a massive lake area