oblisgr

Trying for a mini game

Post by oblisgr » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:24 pm

I need to tell me your opinion.

Ok for this mini game i have thought need:

Millenaire mod
CustomNpcs mod
Creative gametype

First of all we just forget alla the recource workers.
The village we will spawn are just a townhall, with a builder (he can be incide townhall) and 1-2 houses with npcs that will give birth to children.
The village will not produce recources, but the villager shall be able to collect them from the drops.
Every vllage will have 4-5 fighting npcs created with CustomNpcs that will belong to a certain faction (maybe village 1, village 2...) and they will respawn back to their village.
1 or 2 times per day the fighting npcs will travel to the opssite village in order to kill, enemy customnpcs and the villagers. When a village loses all its npcs (both fighting and millenaire) it is concidered destoryed.
The fighting npcs will drop (in death) recources like stone, cobblestone, food, wood etc need for building new buildings and give birth to children.
No selling/buying will be available. The villager will gather the recources only from collecting the loot.
A village who had good defence against the other, and its villager survive will get more vllaggers and more buildings. While the village who has bad defence will lose its villagers and someday will die.

Player will have nothing to do, but obzerving the villager have automatic life and wars.
Player will be able to make defences in village like walls, but no building since they will be useless.
Player will be able to summon zombies in the middle of the path to make the game more difficult.

Problems i have faced till now:
Make villagers patro the town all the time, so they will be able to collect the recources the fighting npcs drop.
Make fighting npcs automatically summoned in the village.
Trying to find a way so the fighting npcs follow the millenaire village disposition.

This mini game can be played with more than 2 villages.
This mini game can have multiple races (i have in mod).

Ho do you think of it?

StalkerExecutor

Re: Trying for a mini game

Post by StalkerExecutor » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:32 am

So, from what I understand, you mean to create a millenaire-cutom NPC-based system that will make "village wars", so to say, more interesting, with factions of a single village or more fighting each other, with no player intervention? Is this what I amk getting at? Also, what do you aim to do with this minigame? There must be a resaon.

oblisgr

Post by oblisgr » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:09 pm

Observe and have fun. Unfortunatelly its not easy.
Now I am trying to have millenaire villages doing their work, growing the village, while the custom npcs will be spread in wilderness between the villages, like bandits and vilains, that will attck the villager troops moving to attack the enemy village. It is something the vanilla millenaire but with unexpected factors that will change the strengths.

Always the player can help a village like in vanilla millenaire.

Unfortunatelly the lack of a good wiki for millenaire (tags, goals) and mechanisms make my day difficult.

StalkerExecutor

Post by StalkerExecutor » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:14 am

hmm, interesting.

If you could do it (I am no coder), you could put one custom NPC in the millenaire village while the others act like bandits, roaming the wilderness, like you said.

Samsonyt

Post by Samsonyt » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:59 pm

I like your mindset, this sounds like a very interesting idea. I can tell you from personal experience that creating something like you said will be very very hard to actually accomplish. I am currently developing a millenaire server which runs like a faction sever except, the factions are limited to teams and each team controls a culture (but I'll try not to get into what i'm doing). It will take you lots of time and work to even begin to make an automatic mini-game like that actually function like you want it to. Millenaire mod and Custom NPC's mod are not really meant to preform the drastic functions you mentioned automatically. I don't know how your going to make it work, but nonetheless, I wish you the best of luck with your project. If you ever need any technical help with your server, just shoot me a message and I'd be happy to assist to the best of my ability.

oblisgr

Post by oblisgr » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:03 pm

Ok, building are ready (just need to make differ each other) and useful.
Ok, the villager skins are ready (10 different races)
Ok, the villager txts are ready.

Things to solve:

Find a way for the villager to collect recources around the village or make custom npcs collect the recources and give them to the village. (if someone can help on this it will be very useful).

Make aggresive villagers (people who will fight among villages), and how to make them differ. Want to make some classes but with the current millenaire they all do the same thing. Custom npcs would be the correct way to make for it.