New Millenaire Server Recruiting For First Test Run!

Discuss Millénaire in English
Samsonyt

New Millenaire Server Recruiting For First Test Run!

Post by Samsonyt » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:59 am

(This post is very outdated, for the latest info please go to: http://millenairetcs.enjin.com )
Hello fans of millenaire!
I have started a server dedicated to providing millenaire enthusiasts with a fantastic multi-player experience. The server is called "Millenaire Team Competition Server" (MTCS for short). The idea is that players can form teams of nations, which grow and develop before going off the battle with other teams in attempt to take control off the large 2000 by 2000 block arena. The server has been developed and is now ready for its first test run! I am looking for around 6 individuals who are knowledgeable about minecraft and the millenaire mod to partake in the test run. After the test is over, I will ask them to provide much feedback.

Info: The server runs on minecraft 1.7.10 with millenaire 6.0 and the latest version of the KOTR mod (used to replace pluggins) (I will have to send you the files for this mod)

If you are interested in testing out the server or wish to be kept up to date with its progress, leave a comment and I will PM you

Recruitment for the test is open until the end of December

The test run will officially commence at noon EST on Thursday, January 1st

Credit to: the makers of Minecraft, Millenaire, KOTR

Special Thanks to: TheAlphaTurkey (for helping and supporting the creation of this new server)
Last edited by Samsonyt on Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

StalkerExecutor

Re: New Millenaire Server Recruiting For First Test Run!

Post by StalkerExecutor » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:12 am

Alright, so- ah, nevermind, straight to the point,

I am Alorin, of the commoner house Katapharos, and I come to investigate this new land! I find it interesting that I came through a portal and into this new land! (AlphaTurkey will understand this-don't worry).

Anyways, I like your idea of the server being a team-based (sort of) sort of server, with a collection of nations (oif what I am understanding is correct) developing and going into a sort of 'organized war', so to say.

I would like to join your server (on TheAlphaTurkey's recommendation) and provide lots of feedback on how to improve your server.

And, finally, a few questions:

1. What time zone will this be released in?

2. will there be a specific limit on both teams and players?

3. can you go lone-wolf?

4. will players be spread out evenly if teams are uneven, or will they be free to choose their own collection of nations?

5. and, finally, If question 3 is yes, perhaps make in harder for them to survive? (ie. make them be subject to a limited inventory, or something else perhaps.)

That is it.

Your very drunken friend,

StalkerExecutor.

TheAlphaTurkey

Post by TheAlphaTurkey » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:41 am

I am Flavius, officer of the old Bannor army and I come to rebuild the glorious empire! (stalker might understand that ;) )

Anyway yeah, I'm definitely interested in this! I'm sure you already know that though as we've been talking about it but a millenaire server would be a great Christmas present ;)

Samsonyt

Post by Samsonyt » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:58 pm

StalkerExecutor wrote:Alright, so- ah, nevermind, straight to the point,

I am Alorin, of the commoner house Katapharos, and I come to investigate this new land! I find it interesting that I came through a portal and into this new land! (AlphaTurkey will understand this-don't worry).

Anyways, I like your idea of the server being a team-based (sort of) sort of server, with a collection of nations (oif what I am understanding is correct) developing and going into a sort of 'organized war', so to say.

I would like to join your server (on TheAlphaTurkey's recommendation) and provide lots of feedback on how to improve your server.

And, finally, a few questions:

1. What time zone will this be released in?

2. will there be a specific limit on both teams and players?

3. can you go lone-wolf?

4. will players be spread out evenly if teams are uneven, or will they be free to choose their own collection of nations?

5. and, finally, If question 3 is yes, perhaps make in harder for them to survive? (ie. make them be subject to a limited inventory, or something else perhaps.)

That is it.

Your very drunken friend,

StalkerExecutor.
1. Thank you StalkerExecutor, the test starts at noon Estern Standard Time. Sorry for the confusion, I have edited the post to say so now.
2. There is a limit of 4 teams (since the arena being used for the test is divided into 4 quadrants). Each team can have a max or 4 people (we likely won't be hitting the max for the test run)
3/5. No, unless we somehow ended up with a team of 1... in which case I have not created any restrictions which might make the game harder for that person (although it would probably be harder to survive without teamates). That is an interesting idea however, perhaps it could be worked into the future.
4. Pre-determined teams must be declared in advance. Left-over people will be distributed evenly to form the remaining teams or, in the event of a full game, be used to fill in predetermined teams who haven't reached there max team player limit.

Just so you know, when you join the server you receive 2 written books with all the information you will ever need to know.

Thank you for joining StalkerExecutor! I will include your name when when sending out PM messages with information regarding the server.

StalkerExecutor

Post by StalkerExecutor » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:26 pm

Ok.'

It will be interesting to see how this server turns out.

Anyways, if I were to declare a nation (culture, I assume) to pick, I shall pick Japanese!

Xour

Post by Xour » Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:17 am

Hey there I don't get on as much as others but I'd like to have a look at this if you don't find enough people interested in it. I just have a few questions as well.

1: I'm unsure whether this will be part of the test but I have noticed on some millenaire multi player servers that keeping the chunks loaded can be difficult and causes a lot of lag.

2. How many villages are you planning on having in a quadrant and will you include hamlet villages (i'm thinking they might tip the balance to or against Norman and Hindi villages depending on how you call that)

3. Also i'm assuming this a custom built world and you mentioned that each player would pick a team based around a civ, does this mean that one civ will be left out?

Samsonyt

Post by Samsonyt » Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:08 pm

Xour wrote:Hey there I don't get on as much as others but I'd like to have a look at this if you don't find enough people interested in it. I just have a few questions as well.

1: I'm unsure whether this will be part of the test but I have noticed on some millenaire multi player servers that keeping the chunks loaded can be difficult and causes a lot of lag.

2. How many villages are you planning on having in a quadrant and will you include hamlet villages (i'm thinking they might tip the balance to or against Norman and Hindi villages depending on how you call that)

3. Also i'm assuming this a custom built world and you mentioned that each player would pick a team based around a civ, does this mean that one civ will be left out?
Great, I'll add you to the PM list.

1. Yes, how well the server will hold up is part of the test. For the test run, the server will have 3G of ram. After the test I will have a better idea of how much ram the server will require for regular use. I each person owns 1 village (all this is explained in-game in a written book). So a team consists of 4 people at most (not for the test run) who each own a small village. The village area has been reduced to just less than 1/4 of its normal size (62x62 blocks as oppose to 130x130), the max villager number has been decreased and the player distance from a village where the server will try to keep the village active is reduced. If all this doesn't prove be be enough in the test, I will change the game so that instead of small individual villages, each team just gets one large village where the team leader is recognized as the official village owner.

2. Villages are set to not spawn naturally, I'm pretty sure that includes hamlets... we'll see :)

3. Yes, a 4 quadrant arena was the easiest to make for the test. So one culture will be left out for at least this one time.

agon999

Post by agon999 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:06 pm

hi ive been playing millenaire since it was on beta 1.7.3 my ingame name is spunkyspin

Samsonyt

Post by Samsonyt » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:34 am

agon999 wrote:hi ive been playing millenaire since it was on beta 1.7.3 my ingame name is spunkyspin
You have been added to the PM list!

diamondminer1308

Post by diamondminer1308 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:47 pm

Hello, I have been playing Millenaire since minecraft 1.3, and love this mod ever since. I would like to help your server by testing or really any way I can help.
In-game-name: diamondminer1308
I live in CET time though, so sometimes the timing might be tough, but I'll try my best to be there when needed.

Samsonyt

Post by Samsonyt » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:34 am

diamondminer1308 wrote:Hello, I have been playing Millenaire since minecraft 1.3, and love this mod ever since. I would like to help your server by testing or really any way I can help.
In-game-name: diamondminer1308
I live in CET time though, so sometimes the timing might be tough, but I'll try my best to be there when needed.
Great, I'll PM you.

michael4C

Post by michael4C » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:09 pm

hi my ign is michael4C
i wold like to join the sever
i love the mod and il be happe to join plz may i?

TheAlphaTurkey

Post by TheAlphaTurkey » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:05 am

I'm sure you'll be more than welcome to!

There is a website for this server, which is at: http://millenairetcs.enjin.com/forum