6.0 public alpha! Villagers in custom buildings

Discuss Millénaire in English
Morlark

Re: 6.0 public alpha! Villagers in custom buildings

Post by Morlark » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:23 pm

I have been able to reproduce the "I'll be right there" spam using version b6, but only quite inconsistently. Some villages are fine, others are not. The villages that give the spam sometimes fix themselves if you leave the village and re-enter. My millenaire.log does not seem to contain any useful information, so I have attached the Forge log instead. The majority of the Forge log is repeated instances of the following exception:

Code: Select all

[19:23:46] [Client thread/ERROR]: Couldn't render entity
net.minecraft.util.ReportedException: Registering texture
	at net.minecraft.client.renderer.texture.TextureManager.func_110579_a(TextureManager.java:116) ~[bqf.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.client.renderer.texture.TextureManager.func_110577_a(TextureManager.java:50) ~[bqf.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.client.renderer.entity.Render.func_110776_a(SourceFile:51) ~[bno.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.client.renderer.entity.Render.func_110777_b(SourceFile:47) ~[bno.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.client.renderer.entity.RendererLivingEntity.func_77036_a(RendererLivingEntity.java:286) ~[boh.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.client.renderer.entity.RendererLivingEntity.func_76986_a(RendererLivingEntity.java:149) [boh.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.client.renderer.entity.RenderLiving.func_76986_a(SourceFile:23) [bok.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.client.renderer.entity.RenderBiped.func_76986_a(RenderBiped.java:164) [bnw.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.client.renderer.entity.RenderBiped.func_76986_a(RenderBiped.java:361) [bnw.class:?]
	at org.millenaire.client.RenderMillVillager.func_76986_a(RenderMillVillager.java:91) [RenderMillVillager.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.client.renderer.entity.RenderManager.func_147939_a(RenderManager.java:293) [bnn.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.client.renderer.entity.RenderManager.func_147940_a(RenderManager.java:276) [bnn.class:?]
	at codechicken.nei.SpawnerRenderer.renderInventoryItem(SpawnerRenderer.java:53) [SpawnerRenderer.class:?]
	at codechicken.nei.SpawnerRenderer.renderItem(SpawnerRenderer.java:81) [SpawnerRenderer.class:?]
	at net.minecraftforge.client.ForgeHooksClient.renderInventoryItem(ForgeHooksClient.java:183) [ForgeHooksClient.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.client.renderer.entity.RenderItem.func_82406_b(RenderItem.java:563) [bny.class:?]
	at codechicken.nei.guihook.GuiContainerManager.drawItem(GuiContainerManager.java:187) [GuiContainerManager.class:?]
	at codechicken.nei.guihook.GuiContainerManager.drawItem(GuiContainerManager.java:177) [GuiContainerManager.class:?]
	at codechicken.nei.ItemPanel.draw(ItemPanel.java:129) [ItemPanel.class:?]
	at codechicken.nei.LayoutManager.renderObjects(LayoutManager.java:196) [LayoutManager.class:?]
	at codechicken.nei.guihook.GuiContainerManager.renderObjects(GuiContainerManager.java:387) [GuiContainerManager.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiContainer.func_73863_a(GuiContainer.java:120) [bex.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.client.renderer.InventoryEffectRenderer.func_73863_a(InventoryEffectRenderer.java:38) [bfo.class:?]
	at baubles.client.gui.GuiPlayerExpanded.func_73863_a(GuiPlayerExpanded.java:81) [GuiPlayerExpanded.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.func_78480_b(EntityRenderer.java:1352) [blt.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:990) [bao.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:887) [bao.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148) [Main.class:?]
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_21]
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_21]
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_21]
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_21]
	at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
	at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at net.minecraft.client.resources.SimpleReloadableResourceManager.func_110536_a(SourceFile:52) ~[brg.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.client.renderer.texture.SimpleTexture.func_110551_a(SourceFile:29) ~[bpu.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.client.renderer.texture.TextureManager.func_110579_a(TextureManager.java:94) ~[bqf.class:?]
	... 33 more

EDIT:
I just saved and re-loaded while in a broken village, and this fixed the "I'll be right there" spam, but broke all the signs in the village centre. I can no longer interact with any of the signs. The following output was produced in millenaire.log:

Code: Select all

6.0.0b6 13-10-2014 20:24:38 ERROR: (quarry_0 at -150/69/-150/1/0/Sikaar/[email protected]): Exception in Villager.onUpdate(): 
6.0.0b6 13-10-2014 20:24:38 Exception, printing stack:
6.0.0b6 13-10-2014 20:24:38 java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.millenaire.common.core.MillCommonUtilities.writeInventory(MillCommonUtilities.java:2039)
	at org.millenaire.common.VillagerRecord.write(VillagerRecord.java:509)
	at org.millenaire.common.building.Building.writeToNBT(Building.java:7009)
	at org.millenaire.common.building.Building$SaveWorker.run(Building.java:295)
Attachments
forge-latest.rar
(8.09 KiB) Downloaded 94 times

Kinniken
Site Admin

Post by Kinniken » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:39 pm

Are you sure this is with the very latest build? Can you re-download and try again? Because that last log looks very much like the bug I just fixed...

Morlark

Post by Morlark » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:45 pm

Sorry, I do not have time to try again tonight, as it is getting late. I can tell you that that log was tested using version 6.0.0b6, which I downloaded about 40 minutes before I posted that log. Is that the most recent build?

Kinniken
Site Admin

Post by Kinniken » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:58 pm

New version:

http://millenaire.org/dl/Millenaire6.0.0b7.zip
http://millenaire.org/dl/MillenaireServer6.0.0b7.zip

Fixes the blank house sign issue, adds signs to custom buildings which did not have any, minor bug fixes.

Kinniken
Site Admin

Post by Kinniken » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:58 pm

Morlark wrote:Sorry, I do not have time to try again tonight, as it is getting late. I can tell you that that log was tested using version 6.0.0b6, which I downloaded about 40 minutes before I posted that log. Is that the most recent build?
Must have been... That's weird and a bit worrying. If you have time tomorrow, please check with the new b7.

Zigeris

Post by Zigeris » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:36 am

Thanks Kin* for reply,

Far as I am aware the org.multimc.onesix.OneSixLauncher is the launcher I use with my account. It allows me to run different client versions at one time, I can, barely, host a server and then log into it. It doesn't work well, and the official launcher has a hard time downloading and glitches all the time, just generally fails me.

I will attempt to get the main one to work again, seriously at a lost with it though. I've completely removed minecraft and reinstated it and still fails to run MC. This launcher, which I use my paid account info, is the only one that has gotten me to play MC since thing when to crap after installing Food Plus Mod, which broke Millenaire, and eventually forcing me to redo everything.

I'll report back ASAP in regards to what is going on with the OneSixLauncher and if it is directly involved with my error.

Great work non the less.

MoonCutter2B

Post by MoonCutter2B » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:46 pm

B7:
Confirmed - Signs are back :)
Check on old world where signs was blank on B6.
Still no "i'll be right there" spam nor any rubber banding - good

Kinniken
Site Admin

Post by Kinniken » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:20 pm

Sounds good. Are you up to testing all the custom buildings? ;)

MoonCutter2B

Post by MoonCutter2B » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:29 pm

Kinniken wrote:Sounds good. Are you up to testing all the custom buildings? ;)
Maybe. What is the best way to do that? Creative or some other cheat or ?

Kinniken
Site Admin

Post by Kinniken » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:50 pm

Creative of course, and dev mode.

I'm not at my computer but from memory just put this:

dev_mode=true

in your MIllénaire config file. Among other effects it removes the need to be chief in a culture in order to be able to spawn controlled villages.

Kinniken
Site Admin

Post by Kinniken » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:38 pm

Sorry, make that:

devmode=true

MoonCutter2B

Post by MoonCutter2B » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:14 pm

the extra _ was spotted and removed :)
I'v never played a controlled village before so this is kind of new to me but so far i'v seen the following:
(Norman village)
- The names of stuff to build is mostly in french, where I select next project.
- The village started with four buildings
- Some of the chests in the townhall were full with building materials so they started upgrade everything directly.
- The "don't spawn villages" setting was ignored so now I have two villages.

All this might be ok.

Anything special I should look for?

Kinniken
Site Admin

Post by Kinniken » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:10 pm

Everything you list is normal (some due to dev mode). If the village started with buildings, it wasn't a custom village though, that's what I'd like you to try. Just make as many custom buildings as possible and let me know if one seems to be not working properly.

Morlark

Post by Morlark » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:46 pm

Custom villages seem to be working really well for me. The only comment I have is that it'd be nicer if the search radius for blocks was (slightly) larger, as it is sometimes difficult to get all of the required blocks within the radius while still maintaining a nice looking building. I tried making a modest-sized Bazaar, but even that was too big for the system to detect everything, so I was forced to move the sign inside the building instead of having it on the outside.

I'm still investigating the "I'll be right there" spam as well. It's proving difficult to pin down.

Kinniken
Site Admin

Post by Kinniken » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:57 pm

For the radiuses, so far I've left everything at the default except for village centres. They can be increased on a building-per-building basis. Maybe I should do that. I'll also need to add some protection against blocks ending up in more than one building, but that shouldn't be very complicated.

Morlark

Post by Morlark » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:56 pm

Ok, this test was tried using Forge version 10.13.1.1224 and Millénaire version 6.0.0b7.

I generated a new world and started exploring. The first three villages that were generated exhibited no problems. After I found a fourth village, I got the "I'll be right there" spam. I then returned to the previous three villages, and all three were afflicted by the same problem.

When the problem occurs, the villagers have the text above their heads as if they are trying to perform a task, but they don't actually do it. They move a little bit, and then warp instantly back to wherever they were when the problem occurs. The problem goes away if you save and re-load, but it inevitably re-occurs again at some later time.

I have attached all of the logs, but I did not see anything out of the ordinary in any of them.
Attachments
logs.rar
(52.66 KiB) Downloaded 88 times

Morlark

Post by Morlark » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:05 pm

Oh, also, during my testing I observed the "some paths went right through a house and doors and floor destroyed" bug that was reported earlier. It only happens in buildings that have more than one doorway. It seems that the path algorithm is treating all of the doorways as being acceptable routes, so when it tried to make a path to a certain door, it places the path through a different doorway first, then on through the house, before connecting up to the actual target doorway.

Kinniken
Site Admin

Post by Kinniken » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:38 pm

Is that second problem happening with custom buildings only?

Morlark

Post by Morlark » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:15 pm

I have not tried to reproduce that problem with custom buildings. It definitely is happening with default Millénaire buildings though (see screenshot).
Attachments
2014-10-15_19.37.37.png
2014-10-15_19.37.37.png (983.96 KiB) Viewed 8997 times

druha

Post by druha » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:16 am

I have seen the path creation going through buildings issue on previous versions of Millenaire; haven't tried on the newest yet. However, what I did note was that the paths only seemed to go through buildings that had either Dirt or Grass as a floor.

Kinniken
Site Admin

Post by Kinniken » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:22 am

Ah, right... Yes, that's a "known bug". Very ugly though.

MoonCutter2B

Post by MoonCutter2B » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:25 am

B7: some thoughts and a crash
- I built a big house and managed to mark it as a norman town hall, 6 kids moved in
- I created a grove - nothing happened
- I built a house and marked it as Carpenter, 2 kids moved in and became adults
- I created a farm (forgot to build a house only fields - not good) - 2 kids moved in and became adults
- I added some tools to the chests - they were taken yo be used I guess/hope
- (But no trees are harvested yet).

I then tried to add a guard house (npc built, i.e. from the second part of the list) - game crashed.
Logs in zip.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58751759/B7.zip

Thoughts:
- Not all types of houses will have someone living in them, some kind of indication of that.
- buildcraft uses a special item called markers to indicate areas, e.g. for building, quarries etc. These are removed once everything is in place/started/active. Something like that would make it easier to indicated what area should be part of the "house". Right now parts of my farm is not included.

Edit: second time I tried to add a npc build thing it worked without a crash. Confused.

The ladies in my village is crafting insane amount of dirt path blocks and dirt wall blocks.
Is that as it should?

Kinniken
Site Admin

Post by Kinniken » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:35 pm

I'll check the crash, thanks. The rest is normal. Your trees are not getting harvested because you don't have lumbermen. Good idea on providing population of each building.

Also, please do your tests with pb1. Not much difference with b7 but still :)

druha

Post by druha » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:10 pm

Kinniken wrote:Ah, right... Yes, that's a "known bug". Very ugly though.
I haven't gone through the code so I don't know how you're storing if a block is part of a building or not, but could you just use some kind of HashMap to store the blocks? Maybe using the block coords at the key and the block id as the value? Then do a quick check every time the place path algorithm wants to replace a block?

Actually, that's probably horribly inefficient and will probably create more lag as more villages are active at the same time (unless they're run in different threads, I think).

But maybe there's still some way to do it without causing lag.

Kinniken
Site Admin

Post by Kinniken » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:25 pm

I considered that, but as you said that's a very heavy-handed solution to a not so big problem. Having those maps for every buildings is a lot of memory (and no, right now I'm not doing it - only the coords of "active" blocks like a farmer's fields are stored).

If I can't find a smarter way of doing things, I'll "solve" it by replacing the earth floor with something else. My dirt wall blocks would do nicely.

Kinniken
Site Admin

Post by Kinniken » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:18 pm

BTW, pb2 is out with minor fixes, check it out.

MoonCutter2B

Post by MoonCutter2B » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:17 pm

I still think the "marker" solution to help Mill finding/defining the controlled buildings would be an improvement.

The village I'm building for testing is more of a Town with houses very close and I have a feeling that things get confused when needed stuff for one building is found in what is or is going to be part of another house.

And I also see that the "safe zone" around the pre-defined houses is very big. When I place a building manually I usually have control of "extra" space needed for paths and taking care of different elevations.

It would be nice that when I select a controlled house to build from the menu mill presents a bounding box for the selected house with me at the lower left corner. The line of the box is red where it collides with other buildings and green where its ok. I can then move around until the box is all green. I then click a second time with the wand to accept the placement or esc to abort. I can even turn to rotate the house.

druha

Post by druha » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:51 pm

MoonCutter2B wrote:I still think the "marker" solution to help Mill finding/defining the controlled buildings would be an improvement.

The village I'm building for testing is more of a Town with houses very close and I have a feeling that things get confused when needed stuff for one building is found in what is or is going to be part of another house.

And I also see that the "safe zone" around the pre-defined houses is very big. When I place a building manually I usually have control of "extra" space needed for paths and taking care of different elevations.

It would be nice that when I select a controlled house to build from the menu mill presents a bounding box for the selected house with me at the lower left corner. The line of the box is red where it collides with other buildings and green where its ok. I can then move around until the box is all green. I then click a second time with the wand to accept the placement or esc to abort. I can even turn to rotate the house.
I like the "marker" solution too. I mean, it's already used for exporting buildings out to lonebuildings with the signs and wand of negation, so why not something similar for this?

I also like your idea of bounding boxes for placement and such. I recently saw a mod with an interface that gave a ghost version of all nearby blocks in a fully 360 degree rotatable window. It was pretty great.

Dimalav567

Post by Dimalav567 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:18 pm

What is the 9 pannel?
Attachments
2014-10-20_17.15.58.png
2014-10-20_17.15.58.png (149.72 KiB) Viewed 8840 times

MoonCutter2B

Post by MoonCutter2B » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:03 pm

panel = signs.
You have to put 9 signs on a wall somewhere with in your townhall.

Kinniken
Site Admin

Post by Kinniken » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:27 pm

druha wrote:
MoonCutter2B wrote:I still think the "marker" solution to help Mill finding/defining the controlled buildings would be an improvement.

I like the "marker" solution too. I mean, it's already used for exporting buildings out to lonebuildings with the signs and wand of negation, so why not something similar for this?

I also like your idea of bounding boxes for placement and such. I recently saw a mod with an interface that gave a ghost version of all nearby blocks in a fully 360 degree rotatable window. It was pretty great.
It is a good idea. It's just that it's also a pain to develop, easily more work than the new custom buildings for instance. I've simply never found the time to do it...

Kinniken
Site Admin

Post by Kinniken » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:28 pm

MoonCutter2B wrote:panel = signs.
You have to put 9 signs on a wall somewhere with in your townhall.
Hmm, I'll put both in the next release. Hadn't realised this would be confusing.

Zoythrus

Post by Zoythrus » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:13 pm

Likewise, but on the other end of the spectrum, is it possible to add in the next release the power to have building "footprints" in a controlled village spawn normally, as if you weren't controlling it? Like, I tell the village I want a house built, and it then finds a suitable location for that house.

Puttin_on_the_Ritz

Post by Puttin_on_the_Ritz » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:18 pm

Hey Kinniken, there should be a way to make the shape of the area for the custom building like when you are making one for a custom culture and it's being exported. I want to be able to choose how big the building will be with signs or something to mark the outline for the building. If there IS a way to do this, then I would like to know and I apologize for not noticing before. :?

uamadman

Post by uamadman » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:22 pm

This is right out of the Wiki.
Right clicking the main chest, holding smooth stone block will show build-able space in colored wool
I could not get it to work when i tried it. Anyone else have this function successfully operate?
Developer mode can be enabled by adding the following to millenaire-custom/config.txt
devmode=true
Used to rapidly test of the game and add-ons, it allows you to read debug variables from villagers, complete construction projects instantly, access town inventories, and add new villagers. Additional functionality is added to the Summoning Wand.
Using the village wand in devmode on the main chest in the town centre building will automatically finish whatever building that is in construction. Using the wand on female villagers will make them spawn children. Devmode will also allow you to directly place materials into locked chests. Using the wand on children will grow them to teens instantly. Right clicking the main chest, holding smooth stone block will show build-able space in colored wool.

Zoythrus

Post by Zoythrus » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:24 pm

Hey, two quick suggestions for the new release.

1. The power, through a command, to quickly give yourself "Natural Leader" status with a culture. That way, one can spawn a village under your control immediately if you have the cheats on. This would be rather nice.

2. I don't know if this is a bug, but I want to be able to set the "Village Loaded Radius" higher than 500 (I do have a computer good enough for this), but even if I mess with the config file, it won't go any higher. Can this bug be fixed, please?

That is all. :)

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:33 pm

Zoythrus wrote:Hey, two quick suggestions for the new release.

1. The power, through a command, to quickly give yourself "Natural Leader" status with a culture. That way, one can spawn a village under your control immediately if you have the cheats on. This would be rather nice.

2. I don't know if this is a bug, but I want to be able to set the "Village Loaded Radius" higher than 500 (I do have a computer good enough for this), but even if I mess with the config file, it won't go any higher. Can this bug be fixed, please?

I think 500 is the max though?

Zoythrus

Post by Zoythrus » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:03 pm

felinoel wrote:

Well, I changed the config file to 2000, and it eventually worked with little to no lag. So, clearly, it can be done, I just wish it was easier.

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:24 pm

Zoythrus wrote:
felinoel wrote:

Well, I changed the config file to 2000, and it eventually worked with little to no lag. So, clearly, it can be done, I just wish it was easier.
Huh, well ok then.

Does it go inactive when you are right on the border?

Zoythrus

Post by Zoythrus » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:06 am

felinoel wrote:
Zoythrus wrote:
felinoel wrote: I think 500 is the max though?
Huh, well ok then.

Does it go inactive when you are right on the border?
I haven't tried. It does say that they're active beyond 500 blocks, though, so that's working at least.

Now, back to the first suggestion, I'd like to have a roundabout way to players as "Natural Leaders" so they can form their own villages, for a multiplayer game. I just don't want to have everyone in "Devmode" or have to spend way too long actually becoming Natural Leaders.