Suggestions for the Indians

Discuss Millénaire in English
Post Reply
EduardoGF1999
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:07 am

Suggestions for the Indians

Post by EduardoGF1999 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:55 pm

Hey guys, I'm there to give some suggestions for the Indian culture:

Though being the second oldest culture in Millenaire and the first to have it's own creation quest, the Indian culture is actually a quite "incomplete", due to the fact that it presents few exclusive stuffs and items. In order to few the blanks in the culture, I designed a Armour and a sword textures based in images of Indian amours I had found in the internet. I'll put the textures and the original armors below:
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

I know it's nothing good and that a lot of people already suggested this before, but I think that bringing this issue again to the forum can draw again the attention of some individuals or even from Kinikken or the otters members of the modding team to this point, and maybe they can design better textures and even armor models and implement this in a early future to the mod. I would like to know what is the public opinion about that, and also of course you can post the texture and armor models made by yourselves. I'll maybe do a armor model soon and post there, but as you can see, I'm not very skilled on that :) .

You can also fell free to make changes in the texture I made and to post your opinion about it. ( But please don't swear on me for being horrible on that)

Thank you for your attention and also sorry for my bad English, I'm Brazilian and I'm not fluent yet.

User avatar
felinoel
Posts: 974
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: Suggestions for the Indians

Post by felinoel » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:32 am

Well the Hindi culture is the only culture created by the dev besides the Normans, because he was just starting to add new cultures is likely why it is so minimal...

I am actually working with someone to create a magical expansion addon mod that adds new content to the mod once the player has completed the Creation Quests, I could definitely add this sword and armor as that, if it were enchanted in some Hindi way... idk perhaps giving the sword the fire aspect since they are native to the desert?

User avatar
Rasseru
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:50 pm
Location: USA and Japan

Re: Suggestions for the Indians

Post by Rasseru » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:49 am

I see you have a lack of dates... Are these items part of the 11th century?
Millénaire's Japanese Culture Co-creator & Forum's Admin
Image

User avatar
felinoel
Posts: 974
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: Suggestions for the Indians

Post by felinoel » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:11 am

Rasseru wrote:I see you have a lack of dates... Are these items part of the 11th century?
Good catch there.

Ehh to be honest though... I guess for what I have planned for this they would be leaving the historically accurate portion of the timeline since canonically speaking once they have settled in the Minecraft world for so long that the player has completed the Creation Quest, they would have changed as a people, adapted to their new surroundings, and MAYBE even changed their armor and weaponry. ...ehhh... maybe.

EduardoGF1999
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:07 am

Re: Suggestions for the Indians

Post by EduardoGF1999 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:02 pm

Rasseru wrote:I see you have a lack of dates... Are these items part of the 11th century?
Oh! I completely forgot to check the dates when I was searching for that Indian armors! It's maybe because I take more than 1 hour to find great part of it :D . What a shame... :| . I revised the places I took this images and most of the armors are from the 18th century, making then unacceptable for the mod content... Well, I at least tried to help :D . Sorry for making you loose your time guys...

I just searched a few more and I saw that the armors from the north of India, under the Gupta control, didn't changed much between the 5th and the early 19th century, but I still need to do some changes to my textures to that become acceptable for use in the mod, maybe changing the chain-mail part for iron scales or something like that...

Also congratulations for the Japanese culture, even tough I prefer the occidental cultures than the oriental ones. It's a honor to talk to you!

Anyway, thanks for your attention and also sorry for the waste of time and for my bad English.
Last edited by EduardoGF1999 on Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EduardoGF1999
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:07 am

Re: Suggestions for the Indians

Post by EduardoGF1999 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:46 pm

felinoel wrote:Well the Hindi culture is the only culture created by the dev besides the Normans, because he was just starting to add new cultures is likely why it is so minimal...

Yes, I know that, but I think Kinniken could have worked a few more in this culture, as it seams to be the most "insignificant" (not saying it's not important and Kinniken did a amazing job making it) culture in relation to the contribution for the mod content, a thing I noticed since I started to use this mod, when there was only the Normans and the Indians, but I thought this culture was a work in progress and it take me a few to realize it won't get improved, so I thought yesterday: why don't try to improve that and help the mod? But, as you can see, I failed :D .
felinoel wrote:I am actually working with someone to create a magical expansion addon mod that adds new content to the mod once the player has completed the Creation Quests, I could definitely add this sword and armor as that, if it were enchanted in some Hindi way... idk perhaps giving the sword the fire aspect since they are native to the desert?

Good luck making this new addon! I liked the idea you could put this armor on it, it makes me think I did a thing with any importance, instead of a use-lass texture with wrong dates as reference...
Also congratulations for your custom culture, the Inuits.

Thank's for your attention and also sorry for my bad English.

EduardoGF1999
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:07 am

Re: Suggestions for the Indians

Post by EduardoGF1999 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:30 pm

Hey guys, I'm back there and I think I'm not so wrong about my researches and dates, this Indian armors were traditional to the north of the India (which is exactly the region where the Indian culture of the mod is based in) between the 5th and the early 19th century, and I found some other armor sets, all they with very few differences to the sets I found before and from different periods, some of then are even medieval, You can take a look in they there:

This first two images are from rajput's armor:
Image
Image


This other 3 are from regular soldiers:
Image
Image
Image


As you can see, the rajput's armors were more detailed, had round plates and were made of cloth instead of chain-mail, as I did in my texture, while the regular's armors had square plates and were made of chain-mail.
Because of that, I think I'll keep my project and loose a few more time making some changes to that textures and making a armor model. If it still wrong, at least I tried to fix it :D .

Thank you for your attention and sorry for my bad English.

User avatar
Rasseru
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:50 pm
Location: USA and Japan

Re: Suggestions for the Indians

Post by Rasseru » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:27 pm

Nothing after the 11th Century. So don't ask for anything beyond.
Millénaire's Japanese Culture Co-creator & Forum's Admin
Image

User avatar
felinoel
Posts: 974
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: Suggestions for the Indians

Post by felinoel » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:39 am

Rasseru wrote:Nothing after the 11th Century. So don't ask for anything beyond.
I think he said that the armor didn't really change from the fifth to the nineteenth centuries so it should work.
EduardoGF1999 wrote: Anyway, thanks for your attention and also sorry for the waste of time and for my bad English.
Not entirely a waste of time, I can definitely use this stuff myself as I know nothing of the Hindi people and want to do them justice with this addon.
EduardoGF1999 wrote:
felinoel wrote:I am actually working with someone to create a magical expansion addon mod that adds new content to the mod once the player has completed the Creation Quests, I could definitely add this sword and armor as that, if it were enchanted in some Hindi way... idk perhaps giving the sword the fire aspect since they are native to the desert?

Good luck making this new addon! I liked the idea you could put this armor on it, it makes me think I did a thing with any importance, instead of a use-lass texture with wrong dates as reference...
Also congratulations for your custom culture, the Inuits.

Thank's for your attention and also sorry for my bad English.
If you want to continue helping you can add the textures for the armor in game as well as other ideas of Millenaire magic that the culture can use. =b

Metier
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:07 am

Re: Suggestions for the Indians

Post by Metier » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:57 pm

Would most definitely be interested in seeing this brought to the Hindi culture!

Post Reply