Lag Removal mod deletes entities. Safe for Millenaire?

Discuss Millénaire in English
kjdiehl

Lag Removal mod deletes entities. Safe for Millenaire?

Post by kjdiehl » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:48 pm

Anyone have any experience with this or similar mod?
https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/lag-removal
My server company recommended it to help reduce my server lag. My server world is very large, but sees very little activity; like just one or two players a day, no new chunks generating. The server used to run just fine, but in recent weeks it has started to lag quite badly, while CPU and RAM usage remain low and normal. My suspicion is lots of Millenaire villages generating lots of new entities over time, in which case this mod might help. I'd want to set it up to only run overnight or something, so that it doesn't interrupt players during the day as they are interacting with villages. Doing a global entity deletion, does that sound like a good idea? Or will it, even running only once a day, pretty much break Millenaire?

I'm thinking an alternative approach might be to go into my world and delete huge areas at the fringes of the world where no one is actively playing. This would delete quite a few villages that aren't in use and might help as well. Thoughts? Advice?

Sl0ter

Re: Lag Removal mod deletes entities. Safe for Millenaire?

Post by Sl0ter » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:24 pm

how many Dimensions are running on the Server?
I recommend the Unloader Mod (https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/unloader
Like the name says. it unloads all dimension except Dim 0 (overworld)

Lag Removal will remove all entitys.
Millenaire villagers are entitys.
i tested it and it will destroy everything.

kjdiehl

Post by kjdiehl » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:26 pm

I went ahead and installed Lag Removal. The config file allows me to blacklist Millenaire villagers. It includes a list of probably near a hundred entities, (I assume it's every one in the game?,) each of which can be blacklisted. This list included Millenaire villagers, so it must populate from other mods, which is good. I just turned off all Millenaire items, as well as some items that I was sure would wreck things, like minecarts, livestock, etc. I ran it and it deleted 124 entities from my server, no idea what they were. My Millenaire villages however look untouched, so that's good. My server is definitely running smoother, so I've got the mod set to run 1x daily. Given that I seem to be running well again, I'm hopeful that it wasn't Millenaire that was bogging down my game.

Good to know, SI0ter, that the removal of Millenaire entities will wreck things. Thanks for the test. I'll be sure to keep them blacklisted. And thanks for the Unloader recommendation. I'll check it out. I only have the 3 vanilla dimensions, and I don't think anyone has even visited The End yet, but every little bit helps.

Sl0ter

Post by Sl0ter » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:17 am

a other thing what you can do is to set the keep_active_radius down.
default is 300, means if a player is 300 block ahead it will be active.

this settings are in the config-server.txt for the server.