Question about current version

Discuss Millénaire in English
TrentReznorAVI

Question about current version

Post by TrentReznorAVI » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:41 am

I don't mean to be rude and I know you guys work pretty hard on this, but I just had a question in terms of the version that the mod is on. Is this mod meant to be up to date with current Minecraft versions such as 1.12 or is the interest just to keep the mod on older versions? Because I notice that the mod is still on the 1.7 release of minecraft and I'm just confused really. Any explaination would be nice because of this, again i'm sorry if i'm causing any grief.

Bosscrafter73

Re: Question about current version

Post by Bosscrafter73 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:50 am

Right now, the development process is for 1.7.10 as the feature-complete version, and 1.8.9 is the development version. What that means is that new features are being developed for 1.7.10, and 1.8.9 is in development and being worked on right now. After 1.8.9 is at least mostly feature-complete, we will move on to newer versions. The original developer, Kinniken, is working on the 1.7.10 version, and I'm the lead developer of the new codebase for the 1.8.9 version and on.
Head Millenaire Dev,
Bosscrafter73
Make sure to report any bugs you find on the Official Bug Tracker!
Official Millenaire Discord Server

TrentReznorAVI

Post by TrentReznorAVI » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:49 pm

Oh, I get it now. So basically everything is still WIP for newer versions, Thank you for the reply! I have another question though, so I started to use millenaire again but there's an issue with a lot of the text based content in the game. Like for an example for when the game calls for a name in the UI, the game displays it as UI.woodforplanks
UI.xoutofy
Do you know a fix for this?

Bosscrafter73

Post by Bosscrafter73 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:56 am

Make sure you've extracted the millenaire and millenaire-custom folders into the mods folder. That fixes that bug in most cases.
Head Millenaire Dev,
Bosscrafter73
Make sure to report any bugs you find on the Official Bug Tracker!
Official Millenaire Discord Server

Tenjac

Post by Tenjac » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:11 pm

I'm glad to see work ongoing on a new version. Millenaire not being available beyond 1.7.10 is a deal breaker for me making a mod pack of a higher version. I gotta have my Millenaire. I want to try out Minecolony but the dream would be to have both. If I have to choose one or the other I choose Millenaire. If I had time I would volunteer to help out as I worked on the Neverwinter Nights mod team PRC and added a couple hundred spells to the game. Alas work interferes this time of year.