Community Poll: Millenaire's Economy

Discuss Millénaire in English
Bosscrafter73

Community Poll: Millenaire's Economy

Post by Bosscrafter73 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:57 am

Hello everyone!

Boss here, and the dev team has decided to rest a portion of Millenaire's future in the hands of the community. We are thinking about renaming the ingame currency from Denier to something else in an attempt to sort of de-culturize the currencies and make them more global. We're also pondering putting the currencies to a base 64 instead of base 100, and adding a fourth step of emerald-colored coins to compensate.

So, here's where you come in, first, go to the poll and vote for what you think the new name for the currencies should be. Direct any questions you may have to us on Discord or feel free to discuss it in here.

The poll is available here: http://www.strawpoll.me/14504598
Head Millenaire Dev,
Bosscrafter73
Make sure to report any bugs you find on the Official Bug Tracker!
Official Millenaire Discord Server

Saggaris

Re: Community Poll: Millenaire's Economy

Post by Saggaris » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:18 am

Heya, I'm a little confused here as the version of Millenaire I use v6.00 (1.7.10) already has a 64 base economy system!

As to the names, I can't say really as it'll be just another term or word to remember... I have trouble remembering what buildings and people's names are even now :?

To truly de-culturize I guess that a simple and generally accepted system of copper, silver and gold with emerald taking the place of the more usual platinum coin.

I guess though that the old saying of "if it ain't broken don't fix it" springs to mind when deciding how much more work you want to do, but nailing an emerald coin on to it wouldn't hurt!

As ever Pete

Mythra13

Re: Community Poll: Millenaire's Economy

Post by Mythra13 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:43 pm

I admit to having not played the mod yet, currently in an extended break from Minecraft. I'll likely start soon in 1.8.9, but I voted, and I support the name change. The suggested names seem good to me.