Questions and suggestions from a prospective player

Discuss Millénaire in English
BasileiosIIIArgyros

Questions and suggestions from a prospective player

Post by BasileiosIIIArgyros » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:57 pm

I'm not able to install Millenaire for myself yet (PC's at home, I'm not), but is the wiki up to date? According to the wiki, the Byzantines' only unique tool is their mace (which given that it's only as strong as stone and Byzantine maces were historically made entirely of iron, strikes me as underpowered), and the Norman broadsword and hoe and Mayan obsidian stuff are diamond quality (which I think is overpowered).

For the Norman broadsword and hoe, being a bit stronger than iron would suffice IMO. As for the Mayan obsidian stuff, obsidian blades are very sharp, but obsidian is also brittle so obsidian weapons tend to be pretty useless against armoured opponents (as the Conquistadors demonstrated), so it should be more like gold - powerful, but not very durable. For extra Byzantine tools, I'd maybe add the Varangian axe (maybe their armour, too), composite bow, lamellar armour for horses (to represent their cataphracts), and/or one of their many types of swords (maybe the paramerion?)

Bosscrafter73

Re: Questions and suggestions from a prospective player

Post by Bosscrafter73 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:03 am

The wiki isn't currently up-to-date because of some glitches on the website. We're working on a new website though that will replace this one that will fix the wiki. There are plans to nerf the durability of the obsidian tools because they are brittle, and we plan on reworking some of the tool stats.
Head Millenaire Dev,
Bosscrafter73
Make sure to report any bugs you find on the Official Bug Tracker!
Official Millenaire Discord Server

BasileiosIIIArgyros

Re: Questions and suggestions from a prospective player

Post by BasileiosIIIArgyros » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:42 am

Fair enough