My current project [Rebuild that thing!]

Discuss Millénaire in English
Relentless

My current project [Rebuild that thing!]

Post by Relentless » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:38 pm

Hey there guys,

first of all I am new registrated so I wanna introduce myself a little bit.
My name is Martin, I am currently 17 years old and I am from Germany. Meanwhile I got bored of all those shooter games and stuff because it's the same everyday and everything is filled up with hackers and other salty people. So I decided to turn back to Minecraft because it's the most chilled game in my opinion. You don't really have to think much. You can watch videos meanwhile or just listen to some music while building awesome constructions. I am not one of those PVP-guys (nothing against them). I am more a builder and a survivor and I enjoy Technic-Packs a lot. I also made some modpacks myself, mixes of survival, adventure and technic.

Enough from that. So as I returned back to Minecraft, I remembered the good old Millénaire time I had in Minecraft. I've discovered this mod years ago when it was in early stage and loved the idea and the mod itself from the first second. Then it got kinda silent around that modification because it got no longer developed and I was busy in real life and stuff so I forgot about it although I spent hundreds of ours on Minecraft with that mod. Now I am back and instead of just downloading and installing I am doing something really nice (in my opinion) and I want to share that with you.

I looked trough the whole library but either some custom cultures were not free of bugs or they weren't finished yet. Some have missing textures, other have ugly houses (sorry for that :D) and so I wanted to create my own culture. Soon my decision changed and I decided to do a rework of ALL cultures and their buildings cause the default ones are not that nice. The creator of that mod is more a programmer than a builder so yeah. I want to share my idea with you and I already started. At first my plan is to finish my own first village but as I am working alone on that project it takes a while ofcourse. Also I am new to that business and I need to read trough the whole wiki and sometimes it very hard to understand because the guides do not mention some important facts. But learning by doing is always my behaviour so I continue. I promise that I will not stop working on it until it's finished. There are way to many projects that are unfinished on Millénaire even the mod itself so I hope you like my idea and you are maybe hyped for some new built default houses and a fully new culture!

If you want to participate on that project, just go ahead and comment right here.
And furthermore sorry if my english isn't that good but I hope you were able to understand everything I wrote here. Thank you for taking the time to read that.

Screenshots will follow and I'll keep you up to date!
Greetz Relentless :)
Last edited by Relentless on Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Samsonyt

Re: My current project [Rebuild that thing!]

Post by Samsonyt » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:20 am

Hey, I like what you had to say and would be happy to help out. The thing is, the mod is being completely revamped right now by the new developers. If I recall correctly, the way villages are structured internally is being completely redefined. Specifically, I know they were looking to get away from using png's for buildings. Sorry to say, but most of what you've picked up from the wiki will be obsolete knowledge when this next version is released. That being said, I would contact the new developers directly about this if you really want to make something happen. I doubt you'll get far considering the current state of the mod though. For now you might just have to wait, or work on building shells in vanilla Minecraft.

Anyway, feel free pm me with questions or updates; this sounds cool. I don't have allot of time at the moment, i'm a college student studying computer science, but maybe I could be of some help.

Relentless

Post by Relentless » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:26 pm

You are right. I joined the discord an talked to Bosscrafter who is a current developer of the mod.
Actually it doesn't matter whether they still want to use .png's or not because I am building those structures in my own worlds and so they are saved until the new system is completed.

I talked a lot to the guys on that discord and I'll maybe join their building team. So I can be a part of the new developement and am able to do the revamp for the default buildings.

And for me it's not useless or senseless to keep working on that because I love building and so I can collect some inspiration for the new future buildings as we have to renew all cultures. I am currently working on my own one and even if there comes the new version for 1.8, I still wanna provide my culture for the older versions because not everyone is gonna play the new 7.0.0. I'll hope you understand what I mean but I am really glad to hear to have one supporter more.

Furthermore I wanna introduce the culture I am making currently a little bit. The culture is "The Germans" back in history when everything was made out of timber frame and stuff. So as we all know german history is quite interesting especially when it comes to architecture. So I decided to make huge default core buildings like the townhall on the screenshots. Simply because the german culture started always big and just upgraded it because they had a lot of ressources and money. And the culture is of course dominated by oak wood (as known as the german oaks) because all our forests even in the actual time are full of oaks. Also I included a lot of spruce and it got the medieval touch. Here is a little sneak peak of the town-hall.

I screened it on all stages of upgrades, one time from the front and then from behind:
https://picload.org/view/rlicdcar/2017- ... 9.png.html

Greetz Relentless

TheDanishCookie

Post by TheDanishCookie » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:32 am

Always wanted a Germanic culture for millenaire, so i'm pretty excited to see how this one works out.
Good luck.

Relentless

Post by Relentless » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:39 am

So maybe a current status report? Okay!

Nice by the way to hear that some guys are really interested in a new culture. Even if it's German (don't get me wrong, most people from other countries don't like us :D). My current status is that I almost finished all buildings, I am currently working on upgrades and downgrades, even material related so like wood->cobble->bricks etc.
After that my next task will be to convert all those buildings into .png's that will cost me the most time I think.

And when I am done with that, there are only a few steps left to the first released. Of course there might be some bugs at the beginning but I will improve it with your help. I promise :)

TheDanishCookie

Post by TheDanishCookie » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:06 am

Excited to see the outcome! I'll be waiting for a download :D

Minabarnii

Post by Minabarnii » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:29 pm

Hi!
I have been checking these forums from time to time and I want to help you out. Although I haven't played minecraft in circa 2 years and don't remember much about it, I really enjoyed Millenaire and building overall. I never made any actual mods or packs, but I did make two survival games maps. So it's something ;) .

Relentless

Post by Relentless » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:30 pm

So looks like you are experienced in building which is very good. I also had a long break so this is no problem at all. I bet you want to help me out with building then but to do that, I would like you to send me a screenshot of a building you made you think which fits into my culture and if I like it you can come on to my server and build with me. I don't want to hype myself or being selfish or whatever but it's important that the build style is fitting you know? So I don't have that much houses right now (houses for living room) so this could maybe be your task. Just build a normal house where villagers are able to live in in an old germanic style and send me a screenshot of it. :)