Let's Talk About Culture Balance

Discuss Millénaire in English
Zoythrus

Re: Let's Talk About Culture Balance

Post by Zoythrus » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:30 am

felinoel wrote: The snow igloos aren't really houses and the one replacing the plot is just a plot with a roof essentially.
I guess it doesn't matter, as no one builds plots anyways. :P

Okay, back to the topic at hand, who do you think should get potions? That'd be an interesting way to balance out a lack of cool enchantments, honestly.

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:35 pm

Zoythrus wrote:
felinoel wrote: The snow igloos aren't really houses and the one replacing the plot is just a plot with a roof essentially.

Okay, back to the topic at hand, who do you think should get potions? That'd be an interesting way to balance out a lack of cool enchantments, honestly.
Personally, for balancing reasons, I think everyone should get their own potions, enchanted book, and even blessings from a priest. Priest blessings would likely be long durations due to the travel needed to go to the village and then go back to where you want it for.

Zoythrus

Post by Zoythrus » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:50 pm

felinoel wrote:
Zoythrus wrote:

Personally, for balancing reasons, I think everyone should get their own potions, enchanted book, and even blessings from a priest. Priest blessings would likely be long durations due to the travel needed to go to the village and then go back to where you want it for.
I guess I'm okay with that.

As mentioned before, there really hasn't been any decent consensus on what every culture's "shtick" should be, so I guess we're going with my idea. Read first post for that, but change the Inuits to a "cheap, but with slightly less reward" culture thanks to their free stuff.

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:55 am

Zoythrus wrote:
felinoel wrote: Personally, for balancing reasons, I think everyone should get their own potions, enchanted book, and even blessings from a priest. Priest blessings would likely be long durations due to the travel needed to go to the village and then go back to where you want it for.

As mentioned before, there really hasn't been any decent consensus on what every culture's "shtick" should be, so I guess we're going with my idea. Read first post for that, but change the Inuits to a "cheap, but with slightly less reward" culture thanks to their free stuff.
Zoythrus wrote:For additional fun, I wonder if we give their armor random enchantments, so that you'll have ZERO idea what you'll be given.
I do like that idea.
Sounds silly, though I would request that it gets coded to identify all available enchants and then randomly choose from there, in case there are other mods present that add enchants.

Zoythrus

Post by Zoythrus » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:14 pm

felinoel wrote:
Zoythrus wrote:
felinoel wrote: Personally, for balancing reasons, I think everyone should get their own potions, enchanted book, and even blessings from a priest. Priest blessings would likely be long durations due to the travel needed to go to the village and then go back to where you want it for.

Zoythrus wrote:For additional fun, I wonder if we give their armor random enchantments, so that you'll have ZERO idea what you'll be given.
I do like that idea.
Sounds silly, though I would request that it gets coded to identify all available enchants and then randomly choose from there, in case there are other mods present that add enchants.
That's what we'd do, should we even be able to do so. I wonder if we can add costs to the various enchantments, so it would generate a cost based upon what you get on it. So, one with a ton of negatives is going to be much cheaper than one with a ton of positives.

Forfor

Post by Forfor » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:07 pm

Given that the Hindu were renowned scholars maybe their special thing should be some kind of enchanting services. For instance maybe they could sell books with selected enchantments from a library, but make them appropriately expensive to counterbalance with the other cultures. Or enchanting services in a similar vein.

Rasseru

Post by Rasseru » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:06 pm

Talking about Japan without me!!!

1. Japanese never had much in heavy armor like European nations at this era. If you want a bonus to Japanese armor? That would be speed boost because it is light armor. Also it takes less iron to make because it uses more leather and cloth.

2. Japan didn't have poor iron. Japan is learned how to make steel layer swords at this time. Japanese sword are lighter that makes them faster to swing. Also last longer that a normal sword. I think the Tachi already has high durability right now.

3. Yumi bow should get bonus to accuracy and stability on horseback.

If the mod have any future updates? Japan military would be built for raiding and ranging.
Millénaire's Japanese Culture Co-creator & Forum's Admin