Changes for the next update!

Discuss Millénaire in English
felinoel

Re: Changes for the next update!

Post by felinoel » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:23 am

MrHaster wrote:Havent been around for a really long time but seeing that someone is still improving this mod makes me really happy :)
I have been playing millenaire since the beginning and am playing the latest version right now and still completely love it! :D
Anyway if u need someone with alot of millenaire experience to test out new versions im up for it ;)

PS: if a new version comes out for Multiplayer im definitely putting millenaire on my server!
Millenaire has been multiplayer ever since the difference between SSP and SMP Minecraft was removed.

MrHaster

Post by MrHaster » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:40 am

Yeah well as i said it was a long time since i did anything minecraft related so i kinda forgot about that :P

I would like to put the 1.7.10 version on my server, do you guys know an easy way to get a seperate millenaire world on my server?

kjdiehl

Post by kjdiehl » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:11 pm

As far as the mod itself, I'm thrilled that work is being done and all the many ideas discussed sound fantastic. I have 3 main suggestions:

1. Concentrate on releasing a functioning 1.8.9 version (and then 1.9!) first. I understand some of your deeper modification ideas might need to be included, but please don't delay releasing a newly functioning Millenaire for the sake of new features.

2. I realize the idea of ETAs is anathema in the world of programming, and I'm certainly not advocating for any commitment or guarantee on your part. But it's long been my opinion that simply providing a bit of honest information makes for a much happier community. Maybe something to the effect of a monthly ETA estimate. It can be honest and say, "don't expect even a beta-testing until at least 6 mos from now," or 1 yr, or whatever. And it can even be fine if you go from one month saying "I'm optimistic that a functioning release will be ready in 3 wks," to the following month saying "Sorry, but I was off-base. Currently no clear idea of when things will be ready, but maybe 8 mos is a safe-ish bet?"

Maybe most disagree with me, but I find this kind of up-front honesty about ETAs to be far preferable to the common "Don't ask for ETAs!" edict, and oft-associated vitriol.

3. Not sure if the forum rules here allow it, but if so, post your donate info. I found it by clicking thru your profile to your website. I was happy to donate to Kinniken when I first discovered the mod years ago, and I'm sure I'm not the only Millenaire fan who'd be happy to continue to encourage your work. And are there any others who are providing valuable contribution to this new update project?

Thanks for your time.
Kris

eecer

Post by eecer » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:00 am

So I posted these ideas a while ago, but I'll throw the quick version on here just for fun. I have a feeling these are pretty big addons so I don't expect them to be added. Wish I knew programming to add it myself.

First would be food and tool consumption for the villages. It would be great to have them consume food and tools daily to increase their needs of material and generate needs still. This would be good to have tools increase their efficiency, and lack of food reduce it.

From there I would love economics. Having their available resources actually be what's in their area would be great for this. So having a mine would scan underground and generate the %chance for each block type there. Then at the end of the day, it would calculate their mining rate and what blocks they managed to mine. From there, it would fluctuate the prices of blocks for each village depending on the supply, demand, and rarity. This also means you can't get rich from just spamming them with cobblestone, maybe actually have them not buy products if it's too common. This would also be great to help with trading and have them send out excess supplies and based off previous logs see whether other areas have a demand for those supplies. Also, you could have the total supplies in storage add up to be their total amount of coin everyday plus coin that you have used to pay them, which would help limit how much you could sell them at once.

Lastly, adding tiers to the villages as they grow. I would love to see a tier 1 village grow to the max of what it currently does. Then once it's build everything it can, it goes to tier 2 which would have them destroy a building and remake them more dense and close together. Tier 2 would end with them building a wall around them. Then tier 3 would add a sub-village right on the border which would only be able to be tier 1. This would really allow them to expand and seem big and developing cities. Maybe be cool if they could add 2 sub-villages around their walls just to get really big a living.

My idea around food and tools is to generate a need for their productions and more viable things that they can trade to help development of another village. If Village1 is a farm town and Village2 is a manufacturer, the farm can send food for tools and this will allow both to be more productive and help each other. The economy only helps add a bit more detail to this and give the player some trading games to play. Buy 100 resources from one place for cheap just to sell to the others and make a good amount of coin to buy a house. It also can let you see how well each village is doing by looking at their available coin. Then the tier system would just be great to allow them to continue growing and become a bit more dynamic and feel good when you walk between them.

Sauron154

Post by Sauron154 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:41 am

I think path blocks cant have snow on them because when i walk in my village i cant see the path because its under snow cant you make it like slabs?? no snow on it. And for the new updates i think mayans dont have
enough things so mabye spears for them and they go hunting on pigs and wolfs. Because there forge is named
hunters forge. So there must live a hunter in it. And mabye a new leave you can buy from the shaman wich acts like a health potion and if the shaman is killed he can drop a potion of nausea where he gets visions of.
and a system for villages to grow bigger because you sayed you want to add more buildings but then there is
no space mabye if the head building gets upgraded or the shrine the borders will grow. So actually i ask more more items more buildings more space and bigger villagers and of course. I think every one wants more cultures not only more cities.
Last edited by Sauron154 on Tue May 03, 2016 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zoythrus

Post by Zoythrus » Tue May 03, 2016 4:05 am

Barring the Inuits, I don't think we need any more human cultures. We've got pretty much every part of the world represented, so it's not like we need any more human cultures.

While the Maya do need some sprucing up, we as a community need to figure out just how. I don't see what a potion of nausea would do for anyone, honestly.

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Wed May 04, 2016 3:11 pm

Zoythrus wrote:Barring the Inuits, I don't think we need any more human cultures. We've got pretty much every part of the world represented, so it's not like we need any more human cultures.
People were complaining that Americans weren't represented in this modpack and that was why I made the Inuits lol

If we do add more cultures I think it should be toggleable what is and isn't added maybe.

Knoxxturre

Post by Knoxxturre » Wed May 04, 2016 7:35 pm

When digging through the Millenaire Library I found a few cool things that would be nice to add.
1. Marriage and Children
2. Village Hamlets
3. Territorial conquering by cities

A few that have came across my mind that I thought would be cool.
1. More new items for different cultures.
Like for the Japanese: Cherry Trees, Japanese maple trees tea, and weapons like a katana and a naginata
2. New cultures like
Chinese: spawn in mountains and plains
Incas: spawn only in mountains
Arabic: spawn only in desert
3. If villages would fill in deep holes or level out a mountain.
4. Bridges over rivers would be nice.
5. Capitals. Sounds weird but here me out. If a player becomes the cultural leader they could start a capital. This only occurs if there is 3 of the same cultural cities near each other. This town would have a castle/palace/imperial court
6. (If you can get Rasseru active) A creation quest for the Japanese. Par say "The Way of the Samurai"

I may or may not want to expend more of my say on a Capital, I think that would be a cool add on. Another idea is the adding of walls around a city. Most cities in the 11th century started adding them for defense. The wall would have to take in consideration of a mountain and a river (don't know if that is feasible). Although the wall could help with an invasion from bandits/city men. Another thing is if the buildings would be closer and the roads look more urbanized once finished, since this is about the century when urban centers became a thing.

Zoythrus

Post by Zoythrus » Wed May 04, 2016 11:15 pm

felinoel wrote:
Zoythrus wrote:Barring the Inuits, I don't think we need any more human cultures. We've got pretty much every part of the world represented, so it's not like we need any more human cultures.
People were complaining that Americans weren't represented in this modpack and that was why I made the Inuits lol

If we do add more cultures I think it should be toggleable what is and isn't added maybe.
Galian and I once talked about the idea of having sort of a "Community Culture Pack" full of content that isn't "canon," but is still approved by Galian and the community as a whole. Galian likes the idea of having all the content feel like it is complete, like each of the pieces fit together nicely. The more Cultures and content you add, the harder it is to get that feeling, not to mention anything close to a cohesive story. The other problem with adding a ton of content is that stuff starts to overlap a lot and each culture feels less and less unique. Let's get what we have (including the Inuits) and go from there.

When it comes to ideas like territorial capture and Marriage, those are some pretty big concepts that will need a lot of planning ahead of time. Let's get a working Millenaire before we start adding big ideas. (Honestly, though, I just want to see Bandit Villages and an overall bandit overhaul.)

GalianRyu

Post by GalianRyu » Fri May 06, 2016 3:59 am

Yeah the original idea of this thread was to be small changes I could implement as I updated to 1.8.9 (like Byzantine Tile Stairs or making the path blocks match the grass path from 1.9). There are a lot of really good, big ideas in the community, I love the idea of stables, Bandit Villages, marriage would be fun (I like that aspect of MCA as well), and the previously discussed Altars and village upgrades. But that is all things for way down the road, for right now I am just focused on getting it released for 1.8.9

Also, I am not dead :lol: *waves* just been stupid busy with the new job. I'm actually going to sequester myself from the forums a bit, just so I don't get distracted with other ideas and keeping up on reading every thread (I do have OCD, so it's difficult to not just sit on different forums all night, making sure every thread is read). I do know someone floated the idea of a Skype channel, so if that does happen, someone give me info and I can just sit in there as I code lol. I apologize in advance, as I sound like every annoying, stereotypical 80's movie nerd... I really just need tape on my glasses.

Also, do we know if anyone's updated the French forum to what's going on? I can't speak a lick of French, but I do see that side is active lately as well, hoping they know the mod is being worked on.

GalianRyu

Post by GalianRyu » Fri May 06, 2016 4:14 am

As for an ETA, I'm really not sure. My first estimations were based on me spending all of my evenings coding for a few weeks/a month and doing nothing else. However, since I made those estimations I have:

- Suddenly gotten a new, and more complex job.
- Found myself single and living alone.
- Been asked to help my brother write a mod for Call of Duty (don't worry, I don't like FPS so I'm not touching any actual code, its mostly a never-ending series of phone calls).
- Needed to maintain my sanity by at least occasionally playing something else (Fran Bow was amazing, highly recommended as its dirt cheap on Steam).

So I really can't say anything as to when it'll be done besides "I'm here, I'm still working, and I'm really trying guys." Just bear with me, I don't believe in giving up, so one way or another I will finish this update.

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Fri May 06, 2016 11:07 pm

Knoxxturre wrote:When digging through the Millenaire Library I found a few cool things that would be nice to add.
1. Marriage and Children
Hey that is my mod! lol
6. (If you can get Rasseru active) A creation quest for the Japanese. Par say "The Way of the Samurai"
Rass has a creation quest planned out for the Japanese already.
Zoythrus wrote:Galian and I once talked about the idea of having sort of a "Community Culture Pack" full of content that isn't "canon,"
Oh you mean like the old Imaginations addon that added tons of fantasy cultures several years ago and was featured with Millenaire in the Yogbox?
When it comes to ideas like territorial capture and Marriage, those are some pretty big concepts that will need a lot of planning ahead of time. Let's get a working Millenaire before we start adding big ideas. (Honestly, though, I just want to see Bandit Villages and an overall bandit overhaul.)
Marriage isn't a big concept, I made it work.
I even found a way to make having kids work but... it is a bit wonky lol
GalianRyu wrote:Also, do we know if anyone's updated the French forum to what's going on? I can't speak a lick of French, but I do see that side is active lately as well, hoping they know the mod is being worked on.
No idea.
I speak as much French as is in that Parlez-Vous Francais song about how a particular street in France is popular for people to undress in...?
I liked it because of the awesome mime fight.
GalianRyu wrote:- Needed to maintain my sanity by at least occasionally playing something else (Fran Bow was amazing, highly recommended as its dirt cheap on Steam).
Stardew Valley is crazy awesome fun, highly recommend it.

Altevo

Post by Altevo » Sat May 07, 2016 10:26 am

Its better to focus on tweaks and improvements rather than new features .
Other than bug fixes , here are some improvements that I think they would be great :
-Increase the productivity of villages so it becomes little less dependant on the player .
-Add iron production in villages as villagers only get it from player , it should be weak production though .
-Hamlets for all cultures , for example a military camp hamlet which contains main building as barracks and little production buildings .
-Forges can slowly change copple stone to stone and stone bricks , rather than being able to get it from player only .

Bisougai

Post by Bisougai » Sat May 07, 2016 11:29 am

GalianRyu wrote: Also, do we know if anyone's updated the French forum to what's going on? I can't speak a lick of French, but I do see that side is active lately as well, hoping they know the mod is being worked on.
Some of us can speak and/or understand english so we have the informations ;)

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Sat May 07, 2016 3:04 pm

Altevo wrote:Its better to focus on tweaks and improvements rather than new features .
It is my understanding that the mod will be remade so it would take exactly the same amount of time for new stuff or for old stuff.
Bisougai wrote:
GalianRyu wrote: Also, do we know if anyone's updated the French forum to what's going on? I can't speak a lick of French, but I do see that side is active lately as well, hoping they know the mod is being worked on.
Can you post updates on the French forums about it?

Samsonyt

Post by Samsonyt » Sat May 07, 2016 4:16 pm

GalianRyu wrote: - Found myself single and living alone.
Ergh... sorry to hear. Good luck.

Zoythrus

Post by Zoythrus » Sat May 07, 2016 11:01 pm

felinoel wrote:
Knoxxturre wrote:When digging through the Millenaire Library I found a few cool things that would be nice to add.
1. Marriage and Children
Hey that is my mod! lol
Rass has a creation quest planned out for the Japanese already.
Let's work together on a cohesive story while it's still up in the air. I feel that it would make Millenaire feel more "together."
felinoel wrote:
Zoythrus wrote:Galian and I once talked about the idea of having sort of a "Community Culture Pack" full of content that isn't "canon,"
Oh you mean like the old Imaginations addon that added tons of fantasy cultures several years ago and was featured with Millenaire in the Yogbox?
I don't remember this, honestly.
Marriage isn't a big concept, I made it work.
I even found a way to make having kids work but... it is a bit wonky lol
I don't know how I feel about Marriage, honestly. It just feels...weird...

GalianRyu

Post by GalianRyu » Sun May 08, 2016 12:37 am

Bisougai wrote:
Awesome! Thank you Bisougai :mrgreen:

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Mon May 09, 2016 1:21 am

Zoythrus wrote:Let's work together on a cohesive story while it's still up in the air. I feel that it would make Millenaire feel more "together."
I dunno... the original story was that, like Steve, these cultures magically found themselves in Minecraft with no explanation.
Other than trade I don't realistically see why they should all work together.
felinoel wrote:Oh you mean like the old Imaginations addon that added tons of fantasy cultures several years ago and was featured with Millenaire in the Yogbox?
I don't remember this, honestly.
Oh the Imaginations addon was great, it added Amazons and Dwarves and such. It was back when Honeydew was a BIG fan of Millenaire but that seems to have lessened ever since the addition of vanilla Minecraft villagers.
I don't know how I feel about Marriage, honestly. It just feels...weird...
I agree, I only made it because people kept begging for it and I thought up a way to trick the code into making it work.

Zoythrus

Post by Zoythrus » Mon May 09, 2016 2:49 am

felinoel wrote:
Zoythrus wrote:Let's work together on a cohesive story while it's still up in the air. I feel that it would make Millenaire feel more "together."
I dunno... the original story was that, like Steve, these cultures magically found themselves in Minecraft with no explanation.
Other than trade I don't realistically see why they should all work together.
Well, Galian and I had discussed this idea pretty extensively a few months ago (in case you're wondering, Galian and I were college buddies, so I know him irl), and that's that there would be an actual "story" to Millenaire, detailing just why things are the way they are. Each Creation Quest would effectively reveal bits and pieces of the "Event" that caused all of this, and would told over 2 "arcs." Right now, the first arc is Normans->Hindi->Maya, while the second would most likely be Japanese->Byzantines->Inuits, with each arc having different themes and revealing different info, as well as explaining what each culture plans on doing from here on out.

Are the individual cultures directly connected? Probably not, but I do like the idea of them all being indirectly connected, and having each of them trying to figure out just why they're all here. Now, most likely, the "story" is going to remain vague, but will give enough insight to allow for speculation (much like Minecraft's "story" currently). Taking some time to make a cohesive story that spans each culture's CQ would go a long way to making the entire mod feel like it has that special "polish".

Also worth noting, this isn't set in stone, but I feel that it'd make the mod infinitely better.

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Tue May 10, 2016 2:53 pm

Zoythrus wrote:Well, Galian and I had discussed this idea pretty extensively a few months ago (in case you're wondering, Galian and I were college buddies, so I know him irl), and that's that there would be an actual "story" to Millenaire, detailing just why things are the way they are. Each Creation Quest would effectively reveal bits and pieces of the "Event" that caused all of this, and would told over 2 "arcs." Right now, the first arc is Normans->Hindi->Maya, while the second would most likely be Japanese->Byzantines->Inuits, with each arc having different themes and revealing different info, as well as explaining what each culture plans on doing from here on out.

Are the individual cultures directly connected? Probably not, but I do like the idea of them all being indirectly connected, and having each of them trying to figure out just why they're all here. Now, most likely, the "story" is going to remain vague, but will give enough insight to allow for speculation (much like Minecraft's "story" currently). Taking some time to make a cohesive story that spans each culture's CQ would go a long way to making the entire mod feel like it has that special "polish".

Also worth noting, this isn't set in stone, but I feel that it'd make the mod infinitely better.
Grouping them like that makes me think that one group should gain access to the Nether and the other should gain access to the End.

Sauron154

Post by Sauron154 » Thu May 12, 2016 5:00 am

Why not make the bandits have there own culture they dont need a big city or something but just there own skins and weapons and clothes they already have buildings but if they steal from a city they do nothing with the stolen things and if the bandits are there own culture they can upgrade the fort or camp and mabye make small houses you will always have -100 even citys will always have -100 with bandits.

Zoythrus

Post by Zoythrus » Thu May 12, 2016 5:51 am

felinoel wrote: Grouping them like that makes me think that one group should gain access to the Nether and the other should gain access to the End.
I'd be okay with that if it was done right.
Sauron154 wrote: Why not make the bandits have there own culture they dont need a big city or something but just there own skins and weapons and clothes they already have buildings but if they steal from a city they do nothing with the stolen things and if the bandits are there own culture they can upgrade the fort or camp and mabye make small houses you will always have -100 even citys will always have -100 with bandits.
My idea was that "Bandit Villages" would be a setting that could be toggled in the village's main config file. Each culture would have a Bandit Village, so they wouldn't be a unique culture in their own right, but a "Bandit-ized" version of a normal culture.

gogoghouha

Post by gogoghouha » Thu May 12, 2016 3:07 pm

GalianRyu wrote:
Zoythrus wrote:
Orange1861 wrote:A solution could be more than one villager building at once since realistically, 1 person did not build things.
You can believe in dragons, zombies, and a world made of blocks, but can't fathom why only one villager can build at a time? Screw realism, this is Minecraft!

Seriously, it just saves processing power if the building is "printed," just like a 3D printer.
Exactly, the building is plotted out, in a very specific way and the villager follows that point plot like a 3D printer would, doing it any other way would be....difficult. From a theoretical standpoint, more villagers would make it go faster, but from a coding standpoint, it would make it very likely buildings don't build right as multiple villagers accidentally place the same block or forget to place once because another one was supposed to.

The only way to really fix the specific issue he's mentioning (and I will admit, watching them moat the Norman Fortress is tedious) is to change the way the village pathfinds around the building, but Millenaire already has marginally better pathfinding in it than actual Minecraft villagers, so I don't know if I could improve on it much.

FOr now we'll leave it as is, maybe in the future a better solution will present itself.
I think generating a building in a spiral fashion would be both efficient - builds (almost) continuously - and 'more' realistic -at least not lesser- than the 'S' fashion (3D-printer). I doubt it will be much more complicated to code, but I may be wrong ;) .

Sauron154

Post by Sauron154 » Thu May 12, 2016 5:53 pm

I know this comes out of the no where and there are other things that go first but. Could in the future millenaire be compatible with the Lotr mod because i want a millenaire village in my lotr dimension. :D
(L.O.T.R = Lord Of The Rings)

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Fri May 13, 2016 11:14 am

Zoythrus wrote:
felinoel wrote: Grouping them like that makes me think that one group should gain access to the Nether and the other should gain access to the End.
The problem is that the Nether is a cave dimension, the 'surface' for villagers to spawn on is above bedrock...

Zoythrus

Post by Zoythrus » Fri May 13, 2016 5:05 pm

felinoel wrote:
Zoythrus wrote:
The problem is that the Nether is a cave dimension, the 'surface' for villagers to spawn on is above bedrock...
No one said that they would "spawn" in those dimensions, but that they might require you to go there for various reasons.

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Fri May 13, 2016 8:25 pm

Zoythrus wrote:
felinoel wrote:
Zoythrus wrote:I'd be okay with that if it was done right.
No one said that they would "spawn" in those dimensions, but that they might require you to go there for various reasons.
I said that they would. It may have been four or five years ago though.

Zoythrus

Post by Zoythrus » Mon May 16, 2016 5:42 pm

felinoel wrote:
Zoythrus wrote:
felinoel wrote: The problem is that the Nether is a cave dimension, the 'surface' for villagers to spawn on is above bedrock...
I said that they would. It may have been four or five years ago though.
Well, the Pigmen culture that I'm making would require you to make it to the Nether, but they wouldn't spawn there. I wouldn't be surprised if a Creation Quest or two would require you to make it to the End or the Nether for supplies and stuff, though.

And can't we tie spawn generation code to the code that Nether Fortresses use? They clearly generate in the Nether, despite the ceiling.

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Mon May 16, 2016 8:38 pm

Zoythrus wrote: Well, the Pigmen culture that I'm making would require you to make it to the Nether, but they wouldn't spawn there. I wouldn't be surprised if a Creation Quest or two would require you to make it to the End or the Nether for supplies and stuff, though.
My Inuits' Creation Quest originally required going to The End before I redesigned it to just killing a Guardian lol
And can't we tie spawn generation code to the code that Nether Fortresses use? They clearly generate in the Nether, despite the ceiling.
That would require altering the code.

Azmarok

Post by Azmarok » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:03 am

Hi Galian, I posted a comment on your latest blog post, but I am not sure if you are notified about those, so I am copying the comment from there to here:
I'm super excited for Millenaire coming to MC 1.8+. Thanks for working so hard on it!

Edit: also, in your port, can you make it so you can disable vanilla villages? It kinda breaks my immersion when I am running around in a Millenaire village and I see a vanilla village nearby.

Sty2000

Post by Sty2000 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:32 am

hey, good to see this mod is still out there, was wondering if you guys need someone to test any updates (i'd also be testing how it interacts with other mods) and also a suggestion for a couple of new cultures:
Mongol, African/egyptian (possibly both) and Celtic

Zoythrus

Post by Zoythrus » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:43 am

Azmarok wrote:Hi Galian, I posted a comment on your latest blog post, but I am not sure if you are notified about those, so I am copying the comment from there to here:
I'm super excited for Millenaire coming to MC 1.8+. Thanks for working so hard on it!

Edit: also, in your port, can you make it so you can disable vanilla villages? It kinda breaks my immersion when I am running around in a Millenaire village and I see a vanilla village nearby.
I'd rather that there be interaction between the two. Change villager loot tables to give Denier, and have Emeralds purchasable from "Millenairelligers" (my term for Millenaire villagers).
Sty2000 wrote:hey, good to see this mod is still out there, was wondering if you guys need someone to test any updates (i'd also be testing how it interacts with other mods) and also a suggestion for a couple of new cultures:
AFAIK, the Inuits are the only other human culture being added, as it gives another America rep. I mean, if there was a 7th, I'd push for an African or Arab civ. Regardless, 6 is fine. :)

falconic

Post by falconic » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:50 pm

What about having the village shrine give a buff to the whole village like the beacon? But different effects from the beacon ones I think. Like one that makes you regenerate hunger when you are in the village without having to eat? And then you can make it have some way the players can choose the buffs and the villagers upgrade it each time?

Also, would it be possible to make certain villagers "hireable" by the player? So that if you wanted to go cut down a bunch of trees, you hire the lumberjack and he follows you cutting down trees and acting as a second inventory. Or if you need help clearing a dungeon you can hire a warrior to help fight. Maybe make a shaman or priest of some sort that gives the village shrine buffs?

MoonCutter2B

Post by MoonCutter2B » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:40 pm

as far as I know you can already hire a fighter per day I think.

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:35 pm

Sty2000 wrote:hey, good to see this mod is still out there, was wondering if you guys need someone to test any updates (i'd also be testing how it interacts with other mods) and also a suggestion for a couple of new cultures:
If you want additional cultures you should make them. Ever since the Hindi were added all additional cultures were fan-made.
Zoythrus wrote:I'd rather that there be interaction between the two. Change villager loot tables to give Denier, and have Emeralds purchasable from "Millenairelligers" (my term for Millenaire villagers).
When Minecraft got its own villagers I recommended that there should be an emerald/denier exchanger but Kinn said that the cost of one emerald varied FAR too much for him to be able to decide what to make that exchange rate be.
AFAIK, the Inuits are the only other human culture being added, as it gives another America rep. I mean, if there was a 7th, I'd push for an African or Arab civ. Regardless, 6 is fine. :)
It can be set so that additional cultures need to be set to true in the configs, have base cultures be default to true and any other cultures be default to false.
MoonCutter2B wrote:as far as I know you can already hire a fighter per day I think.
You can hire people, yes.

Zoythrus

Post by Zoythrus » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:05 am

felinoel wrote: It can be set so that additional cultures need to be set to true in the configs, have base cultures be default to true and any other cultures be default to false.
While it'd be a ton of work, it'd be cool if there were a list of mutually-exclusive cultures, like the Turks OR Byzantium, and the game would choose at world creation. That way, we could have a multitude of civs without feeling "crowded."

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:01 pm

Zoythrus wrote:
felinoel wrote: It can be set so that additional cultures need to be set to true in the configs, have base cultures be default to true and any other cultures be default to false.
While it'd be a ton of work, it'd be cool if there were a list of mutually-exclusive cultures, like the Turks OR Byzantium, and the game would choose at world creation. That way, we could have a multitude of civs without feeling "crowded."
You mean like if it isn't manually set beforehand it would randomly choose one or the other?

Zoythrus

Post by Zoythrus » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:35 pm

felinoel wrote:
Zoythrus wrote:
You mean like if it isn't manually set beforehand it would randomly choose one or the other?
Yep.

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:26 am

Zoythrus wrote:
felinoel wrote:
Zoythrus wrote:While it'd be a ton of work, it'd be cool if there were a list of mutually-exclusive cultures, like the Turks OR Byzantium, and the game would choose at world creation. That way, we could have a multitude of civs without feeling "crowded."
Yep.
That could be cool and is more inclusive too.