Looking for Millenaire Servers

Discuss Millénaire in English
Techaninna

Looking for Millenaire Servers

Post by Techaninna » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:39 am

I've been looking for a Millenaire server for quite a while now, and I guess no one operates those anymore? Shame, considering it's one of the best mods out there. Can anyone direct me to a still-functional server with a decent amount of players?

TheStuffingEmperor

Re: Looking for Millenaire Servers

Post by TheStuffingEmperor » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:37 am

I certainly agree. I've played millenaire for 2 years, and counting. A real shame that there is no servers out there. I really was hoping for one, but hopefully I'll be able to save enough money to make one. It's been a personal dream of mine... XD

vesolan

Post by vesolan » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:06 pm

i have started a minecraft server with millenaire if some are intrested in joining me i have it on my own computer
but i will not close the server my computer is on 24/7 :) but it if we get a small "team" we can maybe pay for a dedicated server

but if some one whants you can join me the ip is: 217.209.193.72

sad that there is no biger servers with this mod this is one of the best mod by far

vesolan

Post by vesolan » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:38 am

nvm i need the ip to hold my Teams RP server that we are working on

RaidenKaiser

Post by RaidenKaiser » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:25 pm

I have a server hosted on my junky old HP you can use it for fun idc server ip =67.234.47.172 the only additional mod you need installed is Custom NPCs by Noppes

TheAlphaTurkey

Post by TheAlphaTurkey » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:37 pm

If there were enough people interested I may be willing to set up a dedicated server for the mod (it's one of my favourites) but due to the resource intensiveness and multiplayer bugginess of the mod this would be difficult (but if people were interested, maybe).

If anyone is interested, message me on Skype at TheAlphaTurkey and we'll see what can be done :)

Midgento

Post by Midgento » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:10 pm

FYI

I am currently localhosting a Millénaire server using Cauldron.

It works perfectly fine on Cauldron 1.7.10, and as such, can allow me to install more mods and plugins with ease.

For your consideration:

CONS:

Whenever a new village is created, any currently active villages seem to bug. These bugs are (but not limited to)
* Cannot trade with the town trader[s]
* Cannot right-click the mayor
* New village instantly becomes enemy of any active villages regardless to race/type.

To fix ALL of these, I simply restarted the server and everything was fine. I still had to spend my daily reputation to get the villages to like each other, but that was no biggy.

Samsonyt

Post by Samsonyt » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:39 am

I have the majority of a server put together to run millenaire 1.8. I used to run a millenaire server for 1.7.10 but people lost interest and I was itching to rebuild the server anyway. Unfortunately millenaire hasn't updated for quite a while and i'm wondering if it will ever be released for 1.8. If you want to get something together for 1.7.10, AlfaTurkey is definitely the guy to talk to. I would join in on a server with him. Though he is correct, millenaire is very resource intensive and to be honest, it was built largely for single player and then phased over to be compatible with multiplayer (this is part of the reason why it will act buggy on a server).

Midgento

Post by Midgento » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:57 pm

All I would need to do is to change all of the buildings to include 1 type of chunk loader block from any other mod, and it will work just fine for multiplayer. Nevertheless, it would require all natural spawning villages to be disabled to reduce the server load from having people explore the world and spawn in new villages that would automatically have these chunk loader blocks in them. Therefore, the only plausible alternative is to create a finite space for the towns, spawn them in manually up to a certain number that the server can hold, and then remove the ability to buy the wand to stop others from doing so. If we used something like Multiverse, we could certainly have a world just for the towns that would be "refreshed" every couple of months. This would allow players the freedom to build wherever in their own world, and then warp to the millenaire world to do quests and trade with the towns for decorative blocks for their home world.

Food for thought