hindi lumberjack bug?

Discuss Millénaire in English
millenairfan566

hindi lumberjack bug?

Post by millenairfan566 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:11 pm

so i love the mod and can not stop playing it. i might have a bug though. so i love the hindi villages and there lumberjack seems to not harvest wood. he never chops down the wood in his grove when there is only one tree in his grove. if this is a bug. i would like it fixed. love the mod and can not stop playing it. just inoied about the lumberjack thing. this does not happen to any other villages. just the hindi villages.

felinoel

Re: hindi lumberjack bug?

Post by felinoel » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:44 am

Weird this sounds familiar like I've heard it before...

Since I feel like I've heard it before I would definitely post it here:

http://millenaire.org/wiki/Bug_reports

Samsonyt

Post by Samsonyt » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:35 am

Did you try bumping into the lumberjack or pushing him towards the grove? I haven't known it to be specific to the Hindi culture, but sometimes lumberjacks will get stuck.

TheStuffingEmperor

Post by TheStuffingEmperor » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:37 pm

I think u just have to pick up the saplings in the grove.

millenairfan566

Post by millenairfan566 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:43 pm

he goes in the grove to plant saplings. but does not cut down trees. the lumberjacks do get stuck on the other villages. but if i move them closer, then they will chop down the trees. this is not the case with the hindi villages.

TheStuffingEmperor

Post by TheStuffingEmperor » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:17 pm

Then I can't really help you, I haven't seen that bug before. Sorry.

Xour

Post by Xour » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:48 am

Are you saying it's one tree in particular that's the problem? If you are I suggest chopping the tree down yourself, it might be a tree spawned by minecraft somehow and that just tends to confuse the villagers.

millenairfan566

Post by millenairfan566 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:32 am

thats what i always have to do. he just will not chop the tree that grows in the grove.

Xour

Post by Xour » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:48 am

weird, maybe try planting your own sapling in that spot and see what happens. or make him your follower for a couple of days.

Techaninna

Post by Techaninna » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:51 am

I think the reason why Hindi is the most susceptible to this bug is because their grove only grows 1 tree at a time. Had seen this many times before. Also notable in the Japanese culture.

TheStuffingEmperor

Post by TheStuffingEmperor » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:35 am

The japanese are fine. I never see any bugs with them other than a few missing villagers now and then, but they pop back up as soon as i go where i last saw them.

felinoel

Post by felinoel » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:50 pm

Techaninna wrote:I think the reason why Hindi is the most susceptible to this bug is because their grove only grows 1 tree at a time. Had seen this many times before. Also notable in the Japanese culture.
If that is the problem then manually edit the building file to have multiple tree spots, also be sure to post it on the bug report page.

Xour

Post by Xour » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:55 am

Hey guys I've found the cause of the bug, the wall surrounding the grove is too high for the trees to grow, for those of you who already have the bug and want to fix it, knock off the top layer of the all and replace the torches, I'm also providing a fix which you'll find at the link

https://www.mediafire.com/?17tzep1w7rwckdn

Overwrite the original file at this location (make a backup if your nervous.)

\mods\millenaire\cultures\hindi\buildings\core

I didn't get round to seeing what would happen when the grove was upgraded so if anyone sees the result let me know and whether it works or if I need to apply a fix to that too.

You should note that the fix will only apply to un-built groves not ones that have already been constructed in game, if it's already been built just knock the top wall layer of, there actually nine trees in a hindi grove so enjoy the extra material.

Cheers
Xour

MoonCutter2B

Post by MoonCutter2B » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:16 pm

I had this problem in a Japanese village, the lumberjack refused to leave his house (many hour playtime).
I just cut down all the trees in the grove and he woke up and ran over to the grove and started planting. Has worked since then.