Multiplayer lag issues

Discuss Millénaire in English
Senpuutribal

Multiplayer lag issues

Post by Senpuutribal » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:49 am

Hi all, been using this mod for ages, I have been connecting to my cousins server and we both have cable connections and 6gig of ram allocated for minecraft and the server, and in the spawned villages i seem to lag out like crazy, im usually 10-15 seconds behind the server and we do not know why, is there a way to fix this or is this just something that happens? this also happens in different mod packs with millenaire installed as well.

Samsonyt

Re: Multiplayer lag issues

Post by Samsonyt » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:53 pm

Are you the only one experiencing this lag or does your cousin get it as well? Is the server hosted from one of your computers or from a company? Does the lag seem to affect your fps or is it a latency issue? Finally, does the lag seem to appear over time or is the lag present even minutes after having just restarted the server?

Senpuutribal

Post by Senpuutribal » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:59 am

He hosts it from his own computer, its usually within minutes of a village spawning and us trying to get resources for the village that i lag on, Every other mod we use does not have this type of lag and we use tekkit mods and such as well. we are 2 states apart (in australia) but with the same service provider, but i dont get fps drops at all though

Samsonyt

Post by Samsonyt » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:26 am

Hmmm. Obviously, Millenaire is a pretty heavy mod. My best guess is that despite all the ram you said your cousin has allocated to the server, his computer may just not have the capability to host the server well while undergoing the strain of a loaded village (its allot to have to transmit). It certainly doesn't sound like anything coming from your end. Your cousin may not receive this lag because he is playing from the same computer which is running the server, however you will receive lag because... well, that's just how it goes. Although it can cost money, I would really recommend trying a server hosting company. I personally like GGservers because it is relatively inexpensive and they have great customer service. Sorry I couldn't offer a real solution other than to get a better computer to host on or pay a company to do it.

Senpuutribal

Post by Senpuutribal » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:38 pm

Ah np, not really gonna bother with buying a server, too much hassle for 1 mod, anyways thanks=)