Add distance to Slander/Praise dialog

Use this forum to discuss feature suggestions for Millénaire
kjdiehl

Add distance to Slander/Praise dialog

Post by kjdiehl » Tue May 22, 2018 3:25 am

When you've found lots of villages, the praise/slander dialog can be tens of pages long, and good luck knowing which village is which, especially without translations of village names. Any chance distance to each village can be added, so the villages that are closer, (where the praise/slander will actually have some useful effect,) can be told apart. Maybe even sort this list by distance so I don't have to page thru them all looking for just the nearby ones?

MauveCloud

Re: Add distance to Slander/Praise dialog

Post by MauveCloud » Tue May 22, 2018 4:47 am

kjdiehl wrote:(where the praise/slander will actually have some useful effect,)
As far as I've been able to tell, any village actually listed will get a useful effect from the praise/slander. I've had worlds with villages far enough from others that only one or two others were listed in their diplomacy dialog, instead of all of them, so I think only the villages within the "Village Relation Radius" are listed. If you're getting too many, you could think about reducing that setting.

That said, I do like the idea of having distance (and maybe even direction) listed as well as name, especially since it is possible to end up with two identically-named villages.