Use Donkeys for Traders, other mobs?

Use this forum to discuss feature suggestions for Millénaire
kjdiehl

Use Donkeys for Traders, other mobs?

Post by kjdiehl » Sun May 20, 2018 5:34 am

So for some reason, I'm fascinated by the idea of the various villages interacting with each other. As such, I'd still love to see my other suggestions implemented: the Traders and other Mill-folk slowly building roads when outside their home villages, https://www.millenaire.org/forum/viewto ... =13&t=1292, as well as simple-English translations of all named buildings, jobs, village types, etc, in order to make it easier and more immersive for players to know what's what. At one point, Kinnekin, I know you suggested that the translating idea was doable, but I was curious what you thought of the roading idea?

Another idea I had was if there was a good way to incorporate the vanilla Minecraft Donkey pack-animals into the Trader system. It would be really cool to see Traders traveling from village to village, leading or riding a Donkey or Mule with packs on it's back. Llamas for the Mayans. Maybe even make these Traders able to trade for items while on the road? I'm just brainstorming here.

MC in general has added lots of new mobs and other content since Millenaire was first conceived. Does anyone have any other ideas of how to incorporate some of the newer MC mobs, blocks, and concepts into Millenaire?

felinoel

Re: Use Donkeys for Traders, other mobs?

Post by felinoel » Mon May 21, 2018 1:24 pm

Traders NEED the pack system!
This would probably make it easier for Kinn too what with his physical item placed in chest method of moving items around, he can put trader items in the chests on donkeys and that would make it easier for him to code the traders.

He could even add a new horse armor item that is just a chest, it replaces the armor slot but gives the horse a chest. It might not be available for the players though.

kjdiehl

Re: Use Donkeys for Traders, other mobs?

Post by kjdiehl » Tue May 22, 2018 1:23 am

Though I suspect just piggybacking off the existing vanilla mule/donkey/llama chest system would be easier than coding something new.

Yeah, I think this would be pretty dope.

Oooo! And I just remembered another cool idea I'd had! But that's for another thread...