Raid Offense/Defense identification

Use this forum to discuss feature suggestions for Millénaire
ChilPhil

Raid Offense/Defense identification

Post by ChilPhil » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:07 am

I've noticed that during a raid, especially between villages of the same culture (or armor sets if you sold some to other villages), it can be hard to tell which side a participant is on. I recommend a quick and easy way to differentiate what side a villager is on, like an icon or color-code their names.
Thank you for your hard work and I'm looking forward to the full 1.12 release! :D

felinoel

Re: Raid Offense/Defense identification

Post by felinoel » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:52 pm

I have suggested a village flag in the past, using the vanilla Minecraft flags the village flags are randomly generated from a set of different options dependent on the culture type, but to associate an icon for villagers too could be... interesting...

Or maybe just a red name would be easier tbh

kjdiehl

Re: Raid Offense/Defense identification

Post by kjdiehl » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:42 pm

felinoel wrote:I have suggested a village flag in the past, using the vanilla Minecraft flags the village flags are randomly generated from a set of different options dependent on the culture type, but to associate an icon for villagers too could be... interesting...

Or maybe just a red name would be easier tbh
Legit, figuring out how to utilize the vanilla MC flags randomly generated for each village, would be dope. Though if they had cultural preferences, then villages of the same culture at war might be hard to tell apart...

But you're probably right that just colored names would be easiest. Maybe villagers in their own village always display white. Villagers outside their village display red if embarking on a raid, or if otherwise in a village that they have hostile/war relations with. Maybe neutral villagers outside their village appear green or something. Would be a neat way to recognize traders and wandering citizens and such.