New Minigame idea by Zoythrus: Domination (name undecided)

Use this forum to discuss feature suggestions for Millénaire
Orange1861

New Minigame idea by Zoythrus: Domination (name undecided)

Post by Orange1861 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:45 pm

Recently in the discord, Zoythrus began the discussion of a new minigame idea. The game idea is that a player starts with a player controlled village and said player has to protect the village from frequent bandit invasions. Since this warranted a forum topic, I decided to make a forum post about it on behalf of Zoythrus. Zoythrus has gone into that only certain players should have access to this game mode that have become natural leaders in survival minecraft to make it more of a challenge to get this gamemode. Post your thoughts on this gamemode below:

Please note that this is for later versions of Millenaire and not for the 6.0.0 version (although if a player is able to recreate this, that could be interesting)
- Part time modder. Loves playing Minecraft and adores NPCs in most games.

Orange1861

Re: New Minigame idea by Zoythrus: Domination (name undecide

Post by Orange1861 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:53 pm

I've been thinking about multiplayer integration for this gamemode:

Three gamemodes will be great: Coop(for 2-5 players), Competitive(for 2-5 players) and Competitive Coop(for 4-infinite players)

Coop: All players support one village, in the start, one player is randomly selected as the natural leader and gets to choose the culture, if the player refuses then another player is selected

Competitive: Every player gets her/his own village, in the start, in a random order, every player gets to choose an unchosen culture(every village gets a different culture)

Competitive Coop: A combo of the above, randomly a player is selected to become a natural leader and choose a culture, if the player refuses it goes to another player, this keeps happening until a set number (there should be a settings tab for this mod) of villages are created or all players have either rejected or become leaders (there has to be a minimum of 2 villages) then, in a random order, every player gets to pick a village to join (in order to ensure that there are the right number of players, villages can only have (villages/number of players rounded down) + 1 players for each village). Once all but one villages are full, all remaining players are automatically assigned to that village.

There should be the below settings for the multiplayer modes:

How many villages should be in the game (for Competitive and Competitive Coop):
- Part time modder. Loves playing Minecraft and adores NPCs in most games.

sakkarCZ

Re: New Minigame idea by Zoythrus: Domination (name undecide

Post by sakkarCZ » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:29 pm

I like your idea and I cant wait for seeing this on some competitive millenaire livestream :D.

I have some little questions about it:
Will there be any comunity servers for it? If yes will they be only for original minecraft?