Lone buildings like abby's and bandit houses spawn but my villages don't? i dont know why, any suggestions?
- Mind testing something for us. This is a bit of a random thingie, but when I created a new world, there was a village straight away. Let's see if it's the same for you if you are using the same seed. If not, then something probably went wrong with the installation. The seed for this world is: 9113910254627166577
- Did a test, just to make sure, and created a new world with that seed. It gave me the same village on exactly the same location with the same name. (It was called something with Detroit in the name.)
- Just in case you don't know how to generate a world with a given seed, use the following options from the create new world menu: Button 'More World Options', leave everything as is, and copy-paste the seed in the text box. Press done and create the new world. You should spawn on a patch of grass between an ocean and a desert. Right on the edge of the desert is the town. It shouldn't be more than roughly 100 blocks away.
- If a village appears in the test world, then well, it seems that you are unlucky in your original world. The only solution then is to travel a lot and far, I guess.
- Good luck and let us know what happened. --Trancid 20:56, 26 November 2011 (UTC)
- the seed worked and a village did spawn
- i tested the seed some more times to check that it was not a fluke. after i tried checking a random seed world it stopped working. i spawn on the same map but no village?
- To be honest, to me it sounds that you are quite unlucky with the random seeds. I've only had it once that I was rather unlucky. I had to travel over 4 kilometers from my spawn point in a single direction to find the first village. This was in MC 1.8.1 though. So, the only advice I can give you at this time is to travel a lot, hopefully you will find something.
- Oh, when it gives you the usual 'no villages found within 2 km', that doesn't necessarily mean that there won't be a village within 2 km. From my experience, they only spawn within a specific radius from you, if the biome etc. is correct of course.
- Anyhow, if you still cannot find any village, even after travelling long distances, then it also might be a bug I guess. Don't know how the code work from the inside though.
The list is pretty long these days. Would anyone object if I or someone else categorize this FAQ and put the questions in related sections. (I.e. sections named Items, villagers, general etc.) --Trancid 11:59, 9 December 2011 (UTC)
- i think i know why villages have difficulty spawning on my worlds now. normally in older versions villages spawned near spawn but now you get lone buildings, plus the added fact of spawning requirments because now i can travel a bit and poof several villages will spawn.
for example i was in a desert walked in it about 4 minutes then 4 hindi villages spawned. however they were too close to each other and clutterd up the desert so i decided to delete it. today i have 4 norman villages near spawn.
i beleive spawning requirements and lone building spawns are the cause for my village spawning issues.
- Yea I was planning on fixing up the page, a lot of the FAQ is updated for stuff from version 0.4 even... I was considering doing what I did with the Suggestions page and instead of deleting stuff I would just put it on a page in case someone still needs it. felinoel ~ (Talk) 07:38, 11 December 2011 (UTC)
- Sounds like a great idea. I really liked what you did with the Suggestions page. Something similar here will do wonders. --Trancid 09:00, 11 December 2011 (UTC)
- You're the man - unless yer a woman, but I believe you're a man, so you're the man! Nice job, sir, looks a lot better with this shorter list. --Trancid 08:09, 12 December 2011 (UTC)
[new][reply] Custom Files aren't being recognized -- Urahara721 19:32, 19 May 2012 (CEST) -- Urahara721 19:32, 19 May 2012 (CEST)
I added a few text buildings to the custom folder for the Normans but my village (which has completed all building goals) is not building them. Also, custom cultures aren't showing up either.
[new][reply] Locked Chests instead of Unlocked?!?! -- VenomBlood4 00:23, 16 June 2012 (CEST)
When I created my Mayan village with the wand and goldblock, I selected the one I controlled, Okay? So it should have unlocked chests. It does, but not on new structures. Here is what I mean: When my NPC was upgrading my Muul, he puts down locked chests instead of unlocked chests. I can only fix this by putting plane Minecraft Chests down in Creative, but I can not fix it in survival... Does anyone know how to fix this?
[new][reply] Re: Locked Chests instead of Unlocked?!?! -- 184.108.40.206 17:01, 24 February 2013 (CET)
this just say locked to other player and bandits dont steal from your village, but you can put and take things from the chests in your village even it being "locked".
[new][reply] My reputation with villages restarts every time I exit the game and if i stay near a village too long the signs in the main building all eventually go blank -- 220.127.116.11 10:19, 13 September 2012 (CEST) -- 18.104.22.168 10:19, 13 September 2012 (CEST)
My reputation with villages restarts every time I exit the game and if i stay near a village too long the signs in the main building all eventually go blank... why?
Hey, can we move this page to "Help:FAQ/Gameplay" ?
AlexMl 16:04, 23 January 2013 (CET)
[new][reply] Diamonds -- 22.214.171.124 19:39, 22 June 2013 (CEST) -- 126.96.36.199 19:39, 22 June 2013 (CEST)
I cant find any diamonds or obsidian any tips or hints?
[new][reply] ITS NOT WORKING -- Legolvoer630 06:24, 3 August 2013 (CEST)
I've downloaded it followed the instructions exactly got the newest version of mod-loader downloaded forge deleted all other mods i have even tried a seed that spawns a village right at the spawn 9113910254627166577 and i've been searching for the villages but i cant find one plz help. P.s. this is my 3rd time installing
My king died (I don't know why) and I waited serval days, but he doesn't respawn. What should I do? 188.8.131.52 18:22, 15 April 2014 (CEST)
I've just gotten to the nether and have found Norman villagers with out a village everywhere, they are asleep forever, will they ever wake up. Is that because they are in the nether. (minecraft version 1.7.2)