Teutons

Creating new content for Millénaire

Teutons

Postby Xour » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:45 am

so my Teuton civ is being steadily built but when my village spawns none of the villagers spawn with it.
The error log contains no details mentioning villagers at all and the buildings have male and female tenants in the text document with the same names as the villagers I've created, does someone know a trick or something your meant to do to make your custom villagers spawn.
On the plus side my first three buildings one with three upgrades are working fine and the signs and chests work as well. Seeming as I have a lot of spare time in the coming 2 weeks I'm hopeful ill be able to release a beta test version.
Xour

Re: Teutons

Postby felinoel » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:53 pm

Sounds like an issue with the villagers.

Either the way you have them coded in the building files or the way their individual text files are coded.
felinoel

Postby druha » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:50 pm

Post one of the buildings and their accompanying villager files and we can take a look to see if anything is off.
druha

Postby Xour » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:37 pm

it's all good I have them working I just rebuilt the text files last night and that worked so now the villagers are good and all the construction, chests and signs for all buildings works, when I get back from work today ill smooth out my current buildings and try to get shops working
i might post some screenshots of what i've got so far as well
cheers for the help guys
Xour

Postby Xour » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:08 am

does anyone happen to know what a BBlock error is (it's meant to have two B's)Nothing seems to fix it
Xour

Postby Xour » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:49 am

Just a quick update on how my Teuton's are going seeming as I haven't talked much about them
I've completed most of the buildings I want for the first village and delved into the idea behind my second town (something a little different)
I would release a basic version but I want to give them all some basic skins first and I've only got about 4 or 5 done
I wanted to ask people about animal farm's as well. I have a basic working chicken farm good to go but iv'e noticed that most civilisations don't have all the different types of farm's? should I stick to that way of doing things or make the whole lot of them?
Xour

Postby Xour » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:42 am

Sorry that I haven't been on in a while, I had problems with this laptop and it has my only copy of the teuton culture I have been making so I haven't worked on it in a while

I'm going to be busy soon as well so I won't make as much headway into my civ as i previously was, however I am considering releasing a test version as It is only missing skins for several villagers and upgrades for the buildings.
Xour

Postby Xour » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:51 am

If you couldn't already tell I've held off on releasing a test version, I want the first release to be something you can play with in game and not get annoyed because of glitches or problems with it.

I'm currently working on building a few new things that will make the culture more unique, I'm no modder so I'm using items and commands that are included in MC or Millenaire , i'm trying to add a sugarcane farm and a pumpkin farm but i'm having some trouble with getting them to farm so I don't see those as being included in the first release unless I have a breakthrough. I have however almost finished creating a dye farm and a glass smith, the first release will contain 1-4 towns some lone buildings and if I get everything working quickly then I might attempt a player controlled village (after all it's one of the main points of befriending a civilisation)

If there are any modders that want to help add items or blocks to really fulfil this cultures potential then message me, also if anyone wants to help with translation or civ building (translations are in German) then message me as well.

And on a final note I want to say that this culture has a late 11th century origin you just have to look for Teuton's not Teutonic knights or the order, A few people messaged me saying this civ isn't 11th century and this is for anyone else wandering.
Xour

Postby Xour » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:00 am

I have tried to uploads a V0.1 but it has been unconfirmed for a long time. So until it is confirmed you can download my test version of the Teuton culture here.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6lack ... n_v0.1.zip

Please list all the bugs, comments and suggestion you have here and as always if anyone wants to help make this culture (especially modders) then contact me.

*Just a note on the bugs I already know that some of the villagers are missing skins and that the Soldner Halle is buggy and annoying, it's currently just for test purposes so feel free to delete it.
Xour

Postby Xour » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:14 am

I've uploaded a new version of my culture the main feature is that it is now really easy to install, The rest of the changes can be found on the download page.
Xour

Postby Perturbee » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:57 am

I have been playing for a little while with your Teutons on 6.0.0pb2 and noticed that when a village is created the culture is called culture.teuton.

I found out that this can be fixed by adding culture.teuton=Teuton in strings.txt file.
Perturbee

Postby Xour » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:17 pm

Strange I put that in ages ago... I'll double check the file, might have forgotten to save it when I moved to version 6 Thanks for the heads up.
Xour

Postby Perturbee » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:31 pm

I forgot to add that there are no skin textures included in v0.1b, I used the v0.1 ones as a Resource pack (I used the example from druha's minecraftia addon).

I uploaded it to my google-drive in case you want it: http://goo.gl/JXeYVT
Perturbee

Postby Zoythrus » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:12 am

I had spawned "Stehen Hoch," a "Wirtschafts Bezirk" village, and I've noticed that they have this fondness for building Woodcutter's Houses (Holzfaller Bauer).

Also, I was a tad disappointed at the lack of "grand" structures, like what other civs have, but I understand that it's all a work in progress. Oh, and they don't seem to notice what is considered "food" very often, as they refused to buy Wah/Masa and rarely use it when placed in their chests. They also don't buy iron, tools, gold, or anything of that nature.

I also think that the Fuhrer would look better with a Charlie Chaplain-esque mustache. ;)
Zoythrus

Postby felinoel » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:10 am

Zoythrus wrote:I had spawned "Stehen Hoch," a "Wirtschafts Bezirk" village, and I've noticed that they have this fondness for building Woodcutter's Houses (Holzfaller Bauer).

Also, I was a tad disappointed at the lack of "grand" structures, like what other civs have, but I understand that it's all a work in progress. Oh, and they don't seem to notice what is considered "food" very often, as they refused to buy Wah/Masa and rarely use it when placed in their chests. They also don't buy iron, tools, gold, or anything of that nature.

I also think that the Fuhrer would look better with a Charlie Chaplain-esque mustache. ;)

What do you mean by grand structures?
felinoel

Postby Zoythrus » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:14 am

felinoel wrote:
Zoythrus wrote:I had spawned "Stehen Hoch," a "Wirtschafts Bezirk" village, and I've noticed that they have this fondness for building Woodcutter's Houses (Holzfaller Bauer).

What do you mean by grand structures?

Every other civ has some sort of elaborate structure, oftentimes used as a residence for the player. Heck, they don't have anything for the players at all!

Also, generally, each of the Town Halls become quite elaborate at the end of their upgrades. Sadly, the Teutons (of this village) have hit the end of their build list without upgrading their town hall.
Zoythrus

Postby Xour » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:53 am

On the grand structure side of things I'm really waiting for the transition into mc 1.8 so I can add new materials to my culture. Also I still haven't decided what sort of ending theme each building should have. As for the fondness of Woodcutters in the economic district, I've found it difficult with the amount of buildings that are economic based to create that district at all. It is overpopulated and under designed and I may change it into two towns (a mining and an agriculture one) unless I can think of a good solution to fix it.

I have little to no time to work on millenaire at the moment but sometime nearing the end of this year I will hopefully be able to come back to it.

I have designed a few new things but not enough for an update and Thanks for the heads up on the skins as well I din't even realise I had missed that. I'll repost it soon.

Thanks for the Information peoples.
Xour

Postby Xour » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:07 am

I just added the skins and re uploaded as 0.1c. just have to wait for kinniken to update the library
Xour

Postby Zoythrus » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:48 pm

Xour wrote:I just added the skins and re uploaded as 0.1c. just have to wait for kinniken to update the library

Can we get a link here ahead of time?

Okay, I'm curious, what is their "niche"? Each of the other civs have abilities/items/materials that are unique to them, giving each a sort of "niche" or "flavor." So, where do the Teutons fit in? I assume that you would like this to become "Millenaire canon," so, what makes them special?
Zoythrus

Postby Xour » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:44 am

You can get the whole version here
http://www.mediafire.com/download/hu0yl ... n_0.1c.zip

As for the culture's flavour, I had hoped to do a traditional knighthood style culture using fortified towns and well advanced technologies but this would require me to finalise my custom blocks and have a go at creating my own items which I still haven't finished (although I am working on it)

At this stage in history the Teuton's were still really on the brink of becoming a culture so they won't be hugely grand in there constructions. I would like to focus on there tendency toward technology such as medicine and also there churches and religion, so I'm going to adapt there buildings to include stained glass and allow them to brew potions at hospitals and alchemy stores. They may also sell some rare ingredients as a bonus for supporting there culture.

I'm straying more toward them being a defensive based culture than an offensive one although they will have some presence.
Xour

Postby Zoythrus » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:28 am

So, potions?

I think that it'd be interesting if one of the church upgrades included a tiny Nether Portal out of which the priests would pull out Nether objects for sale (at ludicrous prices), as well as potion-making supplies. You'd probably have to supply the obsidian for them, though.
Zoythrus

Postby Xour » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:54 am

I could do that but it's straying close to a creation quest style thing. I would assume that the Teuton culture wouldn't have this sort of knowledge and that they obtained the nether alchemy ingredients through chance somewhere along the line.
Xour

Postby Zoythrus » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:56 am

I meant as a later/last upgrade to the church, so it's not something you could just "get" right off the bat.
Zoythrus

Postby Xour » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:02 am

yeah I could make an expensive last upgrade for the alchemy shop and make it a sub building so that a new merchant enters the shop and sells alchemy ingredients from the nether.
Xour

Postby Zoythrus » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:05 am

That sounds like the best bet, buddy. I think that a combined church/alchemy lab would be pretty awesome!
Zoythrus

Postby Xour » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:26 am

0.1c is up in the library thanks kinniken!
Xour

Postby Perturbee » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:28 pm

I guess there will be a 0.1e soon.
I saw villagers with missing textures in 0.1c, which wasn't so much the actual textures missing, but a "misconfig" where texture=none is defined. I don't think there is some fall-back mechanism that loads whatever default male or female is. (Unless that was the case in 5.2 and now in 6.0.0pb2 no longer working).

This is the file-list (villagers obviously, which I did NOT change):
assistant.txt
cattlefarmer.txt
dyefarmer.txt
farmer.txt
glasssmith.txt
priestess.txt
sheepfarmer.txt

The millenaire.log also mentioned something being wrong with the goals/genericcrafting files. There were two things "wrong" the first line of each file consists of one / and the encoding (UTF-8) caused an additional problem. (Using Notepad++ shows the encoding). For whatever reason, the crafting texts need to be UTF8-without BOM. The languages/en/teuron_dialogs.txt is in ANSI (and works correct if the various lines with lacking spaces before the / are added).

I've taken the liberty to correct the above errors (except for the texture=none problem, you have to decide on those) and repacked the all the files. I also added the instructions on what to do with a resource pack (for the skins). Personally I think it's a very bad idea to insert them into the jar (not zip as mentioned in the instructions). By using a resource pack you avoid breaking your add-on whenever millénaire is updated to a newer version.

The edited version (Teuton_0.1d) is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_O-8F ... sp=sharing

Another thing I did NOT correct is the dialog in Greek/Byzantine (I pasted the surrounding text, so it is easier to find). I have no idea what it should be in German/Teuton.

newchat;key:brothersister,v1:male,v1:adult,v2:female,v2:adult,rel:sibling,weigth:10
v1;0;$targetfirstname, i adelfí mou, pánta íthela na mátho giatí pantréftike afto to trántagma. / Hail! Sister! what brings you out today?
v2;30;Nichts wirklich, ich brauchte nur die frische Luft. / Nothing really, I just needed the fresh air.
Attachments
millenaire.log
Log file after my corrections
(822 Bytes) Downloaded 38 times
millenaire.teuton.log
Log file WITH errors related to the txt files
(17.39 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
Perturbee

Postby Xour » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:22 am

Thank you for this perturbee although I've fixed a few of these things already but this will help speed the process

As for the skins defined as none, that is not an error they are the villagers that I have not yet created skins for and are therefore undefined, on that note if there is anyone that enjoys making skins feel free to create some and send them to me or contact me to become a part of the team. Zoythrus is now on-board as a bug fixing coder but what I really need is some builders. Also will add pertrubee to the creators list as an honorary mention. Thanks for the help.
Xour

Postby Xour » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:55 am

You right about the encoding too, great work! I didn't even think of that as I was still building in the original notepad on this laptop, Thanks for the headache saver!
Xour

Postby Perturbee » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:50 am

You're welcome!

I'll let you know if I encounter things in the next version.
Perturbee

Postby Zoythrus » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:53 pm

Something occurred to me, the Smithy needs lava to be built, yet, you can't actually give the villagers lava. You may wish to change that.

Also, when the Smithy upgrades, the blocks holding in the lava get removed, so it starts destroying some of the blocks in the building (like the workbench nearby). And when the assistent's quarters are added, the roof stops anyone from actually getting up to it. This building needs to be reworked.

I've noticed that when the inn is upgraded, the torches on the side will pop off, and the builder refuses to replace them.
Zoythrus

Postby Xour » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:35 am

On the Smithy's lava problems I already knew that villagers can't place it, that smithy is meant to be unique to the outpost (vorposten) village at the moment, i've never seen the lava burn anything though as it should only run to a safe point once the blocks are removed. As for the assistant, I thought I had fixed that could you send me a screenshot of the problem please?
This is one of the building that will either remain unique and have to be a start build or I will remake it, although I believe that a forge really needs lava.

Torches popping off is just when the builder breaks a block with a torch on it, It is commonly seen and I'm thinking of a way of fixing it, maybe just add a pick-up torch command to the builder but I don't know how specific the pick-up command is, I'll have a test run made up soon

I'm going to be concentrating on the Fortified church town (wehrkirche) for the next update as it's going to be there main village type, I don't know if I will add hamlets to it yet but I might.
Xour

Postby Zoythrus » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:16 am

Here is the first picture, depicting the trip up the stairs.
http://i.imgur.com/40CgGUt.png

This is at the top of the stairs. I hope you see the problem.
http://i.imgur.com/YxfDdo1.png
Zoythrus

Postby Xour » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:35 am

yes I remember this but I know i fixed it somewhere along the line... I must have copied the wrong file
Thanks for this i'll take a look

Edit: I took a look and the files are all correct are you running an old version still?
Xour

Postby Zoythrus » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:43 am

Look, Xour, another issue!

http://i.imgur.com/OorzaRE.png
Zoythrus

Postby Xour » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:49 am

okay that is odd, is that the upgrades Merchants inn that i'm looking at?
Xour

Postby Zoythrus » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:50 am

Yep, the bed is right below a divet in the ceiling, trapping traders who wake.
Zoythrus

Postby Xour » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:29 am

Ok thanks i'll take a look
Xour

Postby Xour » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:12 am

i'm going to sort out a few more bugs before I release the next update for my culture
this will include the start of alchemy and some more building upgrades and villagers as well as hopefully all skins completed.
This update will basically focus on the fortified church and I won't be uploading it to anywhere except the millenaire library so you'll just have to wait for it to show up. I'm heading away for a week or so in a couple of days so I'm hoping to have it done before then.
Xour

Postby Xour » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:54 am

sorry i'm not gonna get the update up yet I don't have time any more as i'm leaving soon
Xour

Postby Xour » Sat May 14, 2016 7:36 am

Hey guys I know it's been a long time but I've decided to go ahead and post another version of the Teuton culture, I've implemented custom blocks but with the new millenaire update looming I'm questioning whether I'll continue this project especially seeming as I'll need to re-write the code for the blocks and items I've created so far.

Anyway I've included a change-log for this version 0.2 most of the buildings are still subject to potential change as they aren't inclusive enough of the blocks I've added.

You can download from this link until it's added to the library, just waiting for someone to approve it.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4n2c0 ... re_0.2.rar
Xour

Postby Cyn » Wed May 25, 2016 12:07 am

i love this sub mod keep up the work :D
Cyn

Postby Xour » Thu May 26, 2016 2:29 pm

Cyn wrote:i love this sub mod keep up the work :D

Thanks for the support! Good to know people are using and enjoying this mod.
Xour

Postby Relentless » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:43 pm

I see you are really proud of your culture and I think it's really good but you definitly need to provide the textures. They are not included in your uploaded file. Even in the instructions there is written that we have to move the textures folder into the entitity folder of the .jar. Yes, I know what I am talking about. I am experienced with Millénaire and if the textures were there I would follow these instructions but they are simply not included so please if you are still active, add them. :D
Relentless

Postby Xour » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:24 am

Thanks for the message, not sure how I managed to miss that but I've fixed the issue now, just re-download and the textures will be in there.

Cheers
Xour
Xour

Postby Relentless » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:26 pm

Thanks for that, if I'll find any other bugs I'll make sure to let you know since the textures are included now and I do not get cancer in my eyes when I test it :D
Relentless

Postby felinoel » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:31 pm

Xour wrote:Thanks for the message, not sure how I managed to miss that but I've fixed the issue now, just re-download and the textures will be in there.

Cheers
Xour

Would you be updating your culture to the new version of Minecraft?
felinoel

Postby Xour » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:26 am

felinoel wrote:
Xour wrote:Thanks for the message, not sure how I managed to miss that but I've fixed the issue now, just re-download and the textures will be in there.

Cheers
Xour

Would you be updating your culture to the new version of Minecraft?

Not sure yet. I have made more progress with my culture but I haven't bothered to release it with the upcoming version of millenaire on the way. I guess I'll probably wait until the new version is fully released before I look at updating my own culture. Having said that I might feel a sudden urge to work on it so you never know.
Xour

Return to Millénaire custom content