Why 1.8.9?

Discuss Millénaire in English

Why 1.8.9?

Postby bl0ke » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:31 pm

Disclaimer: I'm not a Java coder and have zero knowledge of the differences between versions.I just play Minecraft.

With that in mind, is there any reason for targetting 1.8.9 for the next release rather than a new version like 1.12.x?
bl0ke

Re: Why 1.8.9?

Postby Saggaris » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:11 am

I'm not a coder either but... If you think about the amount of work involved in creating something as big as this (and as I understand this is a rewrite and rethink) and you'll understand that it takes a good amount of time, then if you factor in that the team only have their spare time to address the mod then you'll realise that it probably was the latest version (big stable update) when they started but time marches on and the programmers at Microsoft/Mojang will just keep firing out updates leaving the modding world the thankless task of playing catchup.

Your other question concerning how to find out if it's working I'll try to answer here, if you read about it you'll know what it does, adds Villages with 'human cultures residing therein' the villages should spawn along your travels much like the Minecraft ones do, the difference is that these guys have tasks to complete and things to do... not just slamming doors and jumping to their deaths, to find out if it's installed and working properly crank it up in 'Creative' and look for some Millenaire goods like Brick Moulds, a Hindi Statue or Cooked Bricks (they're white) something that will indicate that it's there... then have a fly around and find a village, you'll know if you spot one because they're not like the standard Minecraft ones at all..

As ever pete
Saggaris

Re: Why 1.8.9?

Postby bl0ke » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:50 am

All of the Millenaire extra items are present, but villages don't spawn - that's something I read on the Discord server if I remember correctly.

You're probably right about the time between 1.8.9 and 1.12.x - I can imagine there's a lot of unravelling to do before you can even *start* programming.
bl0ke

Return to Millénaire in English